Chapter Two

TRAINING.

I have been sitting on this deck for half an hour, looking at the sunset. Not even realizing the time passing by. I'm not gonna lie, I'm actually excited to have new people around here. I just don't want to feel responsible for all of them. At least I'll have Aonung and Tsireya to help me, I think and laugh to myself.

"Hey." A soft unrecognizable voice said from behind me. Being curious about who's talking to me, I turn my upper body a bit. I see the older brother who just got here on his ikran, Neteyam.

He's a couple feet away, and has some hair hanging over his face from looking down at me. Neteyam has a look of kindness about him but also mighty at the same time. Even though he seemed nice right now, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.
"Hi." I find the words to say to him.

"You mind if I sit with you?" He asked.

"I do, as a matter of fact. Don't you have things to do forest boy?" I reply back to him.

"Not as of right now. But since you wanna be like that, I'll leave you alone water girl." Neteyam says, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever." I reply rolling my eyes back at him.

Damn, I'm usually not rude like that. I don't even why I said that, the Omatikaya people are beautiful. Oh well, can't do anything about it now. I turn back around, and notice that there's glowing fish surrounding my feet. Not again! I say to myself. This has been happening more frequently. I quickly get up from the deck and begin to walk home. I don't quite understand what and why this is going on. But I brush it off and get ready to sleep.

The next day
(Training starts)

My siblings and I gather everyone in the water, Tuk, Lo'ak, Kiri, and Neteyam. I start to guide everyone on swimming and diving underwater. While I watched Tsireya and Aonung swim ahead of me, I want to make sure the newcomers are doing alright. I turn around to spot them, they can't hold their breaths for a long time, and keep swimming to the surface. I try and sign to them under water but they don't understand me. I get my siblings attention and go to the surface to talk to them. We gather in a circle about 3 meters apart.

"Slow down! You're too fast for us." Tuk said. I give a slight smile.
My siblings reach the surface after me. And as always my brother has to be cocky.

"You guys aren't good divers, maybe your good at swinging through trees but-" Aonung try's to finish his sentence but gets cut off by Tsireya hitting his arm. I start giggling from seeing Aonung's annoyed face.

"Yeah and we don't understand your finger talk." Neteyam says in frustrated way.

"I will teach you." I respond.

"I'd rather anyone but you teach me." He says with spite.

"Okay, fine by me." I reply back, swimming backwards and distancing myself. He stares at me intensely with annoyance in his eyes. I stare right back at him with the same look.

"Uh guys..." Tsireya talks. "You both good?" Breaking me and Neteyam's focus on each other.

I clear my throat. Realizing other are still here. "We're good." Neteyam and I say in unison.

We get back to training. We practiced diving, sign language, breathing, and riding Ilu. They caught on to learning our ways really quickly for their first day.
I got to know a little about everyone, except Neteyam. We weren't getting along still. We all agreed to take a break from training. So I separated from the rest of the group.

I began to dive down to the sand in the ocean, admiring the colourful reef and plants around me. It was beautiful. Once I reached down to the sand, I sat down on it. Suddenly, a familiar Ilu approached me. She was very friendly and moved closer to me. I put my hand up to reach the side of her face. I gently pet the Ilu as she came closer to me, brushing the side of my face. It made my day to have this instant kind of friendship with the Ilu.

After the Ilu left I noticed Tsireya watching from a distance. Did she see the whole thing? In sign language she told me she wanted to talk to me above water, Tsireya began to swim to the surface.

I followed her up. "What's up, is everything alright?"asking confused with why she wants to talk to me.

"You've been gone for almost an hour! You do know we still had to train the sully's, right? We just finished up the training for the rest of the day." She said with a very angry voice.

"What are you talking about? I didn't realize it was that long, it felt like 10 minutes." I replied.

"Well dad saw that you weren't with us and didn't look too happy. Just thought I'd warn you!"

"Thanks, I guess." I say. Not knowing how to feel. But I just know I'm getting lectured from this.

I begin to make my way to shore, I see everyone there already. The sully kids are grouped up together on the sand, near a singular tree at the edge of the shore. They seemed so close with each other. I admired that a lot. I smiled at the way they were so close.

My siblings and I are close but I sometimes feel left out, and feel like no one can truly see me. But suddenly, I hear a loud yelling noise breaking me from my thoughts. I turn my head away from the sullys.

"TZELIA!" My dad yells at me near our home.
I walk out of the water and cautiously approach him.

"Tzelia, what was the one thing I wanted you to do today?!" He says to me.
I feel like this is gonna be a trick question.

"Teach the sullys our ways." I reply.

"Exactly and when I go to see if your training, you're no where to be found!" My dad yells.

"But I was just-" I try to reply but get cut off by my dad.

"I don't care! Go do something useful. You disappoint me daughter." My dad said.

Tears start running down my face, but I quickly wipe them away trying not to show signs of weakness. I back away from my dad and look around, realizing EVERYONE was watching us, including Neteyam. He looked as if he was sad for me. I quickly walk away from this area.

I don't know where I'm going, I just know I have to get away.

THATS IT FOR THIS CHAPTER!
Im sorry if this chapter was a little bit slower than the last one :)