Chapter Three

HEALING.

After my father expressed how much he's disappointed in me in front of everyone I had to get away.

I swam out to the ocean, where a cave remains. I decide to enter it. The cave was beautiful. There was bioluminescent algae and plants below the surface of the water. They were different colours of blue, green, and purple.

After viewing the beauty of the bioluminescent plants. I looked up and saw the top of the cave. The rocks made different patterns and shapes. There were trees and hanging vines. They also glowed like the plants underwater. I leaned against a rock that was placed at the side of the cave.

They distracted from the embarrassment I just went through. But I suppose they didn't distract me well enough because I begin to feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I try so hard to be perfect but it's still not good enough for anyone.

I dunk myself under the water to wash away the tears. But it only made me feel worse.

"I'll always be a useless disappointment." I say to myself out loud.

"That's not true." A deep voice responds.

I quickly turn my head to the entrance of the cave. I can't see who's there at the moment because they're in the shaded area of the cave. But they start to swim towards the light.

It was Neteyam. His hair rested on his broad shoulders. The bioluminescence made his blue skin glow beautifully. His freckles were shining. Neteyam looked ethereal.

"You're not a disappointment." He continues to say. How'd he even know I was here?

"What are you doing here?" I say with a confused face.

He sits beside me and leans against the rock I'm on. He looks as if he's examining my face then stares at into my eyes.

"Have you been crying? I saw what happened and I decided to follow you to make sure you were okay." Neteyam says.

"I'm fine. Why do you even care anyway?" I say, tensely leaning on the rock.

"Because you're important..." He said to me. I scoffed at his words.

"I feel like we got off on the wrong foot. I'm sorry for what I said, I shouldn't have called you water girl like it was an insult." He continued to say, ignoring my scoff.

I didn't realize he was being genuine with me.

"No no, I'm sorry. I was the one who instigated it." I reply to him and give him a slight smile.

"Oh you're sorry?" Neteyam says with a surprised jokingly tone.

"Yeah, of course!" I say.

Neteyam stares at me intensely like he sees right through me. It actually made me nervous.

"Really?" He said. Leaning in closer to me, looking down at my lips with a smirk on his face.

"Mhmm, I-" He cut me off. 

His soft lips kissed me gently. I kissed him back. Neteyam tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, out of face.

We kissed like it was the last time we'd ever get to, passionately. And frankly, I was enjoying it.

"WOWWW, what are you doing?!" A loud voice yelled.

Neteyam and I quickly pushed each other away and separated. In unison we turned to the entrance to see who was there. It was Lo'ak.

"What are you doing here?" Neteyam said with an annoyed tone. He swam closer to approach Lo'ak.

"I saw you leave so I eventually decided to follow you." Lo'ak replies.

Neteyam glances back at me with a tight smile. But he then turns back to Lo'ak.

"Lo'ak you need to learn how to mind your business." Neteyam says in a stern tone. I would be lying if I said I didn't find it attractive.

"Whatever..." Lo'ak replied while beginning to swim away.

Neteyam swims back to me. Facing me with nothing but kindness.

"I-" we both say in unison, cutting each other off.

"Uhh you go first." I say to Neteyam.

"Oh..uh I just thought we should probably head back to everyone." Neteyam says in a calm tone.

"Oh right, that's a good idea." I respond with a tight smile.

ALL RIGHT, THATS IT. SORRY IF IT WAS SHORT :) I don't know if I should continue writing this but oh well.