Prologue

I stare into the space of nothingness as I know my life has ended yet again. I couldn't help asking questions.

What did I do wrong?

Was I that bad?

Have I not learned my lesson the first time?

I knew it was my fault that I was lying here but, the self-pity didn't help at all. All I could do was float in this dark abyss as a lost soul and wait for the reapers to either escort me to the Hall of Reincarnation or to the place that shall not be named.

I don't mind going to that place since there was nothing there for me in life. I could feel my memories slowly slipping away and I'm not going to lie I wish it didn't. However, sadly after death, the reapers try to wash away the memories of the soul so they can pass on in peace without remembering their regret.

I am different though as my sole purpose is to remember the things I did in my past lives that haunt every fiber of my now glowing soul.

The one memory I wish to have was him, my son. Sadly as punishment, the Gods took away the memories of him but I know it's not all gone as I still hear his laugh, his cries everything he went through but I was too much of a coward to help.

I can't remember his face as the image of him slowly sips away from my memory but I knew. I knew that deep down I was a terrible father and that's why my sins followed me to my second life. Not only did I suffer from the same curse that haunted me but also suffered to watch my son being taken away, leaving me powerless as he carried the name of another once again not knowing who I was to him.

It's the same pattern all over again. 

I fall for someone I shouldn't have and then we create something special, only for the product of our love to be taken away while she gloats in my face about the failure I am.

Please Gods I want another chance to see him. I want to be the best father I could be for him. Please allow this shadow of a man to be granted a family, man or woman to love, and my son.

I continued to beg even when I knew all hope was lost but I thought they'd take pity on me, a selfish being but then I saw it. The bright light and I knew they gave me another chance. Without hesitation, I floated to the light and allowed it to envelop me as I felt my body being restored as a tear fell from my eye.

I am coming for you, son.