A certain phoxylite

5 years after the outbreak...

30 miles from City Alpha – first of the 3 cities to be overrun by machines.

The distinct clacking noise of heels on hardwood echoed along a quiet hallway – a woman in formal wear was on her way. Her destination was a lone door at the end with a sign "Training in progress" lit above it. As she came close, one could hear female grunts and steel collision sounds coming from the other side. The woman stopped at the door and loudly knocked on it. Noises stopped and the sign soon dimmed. She then opened the door and let herself into a scene of a large dojo with a young short-haired girl in sportswear holding a spear against two robotic humanoids standing frozen in front of her. There were fresh damage markings everywhere, indicating that a fierce fight had just been stopped.

 There were fresh damage markings everywhere, indicating that a fierce fight had just been stopped

"I hope it's urgent." The girl spoke, putting away her polearm and taking a sip from a water bottle.

"Sorry to disturb you, miss Lancea." The woman in a suit apologized. "Major Truce wants to speak with you."

"15 minutes. I need a shower."

Not too far from these apparent training quarters in the same building were offices for high-ranking military personnel. One of these offices was guarded by two men with rifles. A coat of arms decorated the wall right above the door, indicating that an important individual was inside. This individual was Major Truce – a man in his senior years who was the head of most military matters in the region. He was reading some reports when a knock on the door interrupted him. A guard opened the door.

"Sir. The phoxylite is here."

"Let her in."

The guard stepped aside and the silver haired girl from before came inside, this time wearing something more exotic.

An outfit resembling that of a maid, with a distinct feature being a sheath on her back that housed a collapsible polearm weapon

An outfit resembling that of a maid, with a distinct feature being a sheath on her back that housed a collapsible polearm weapon. She stepped to the side as the door closed and nodded her head in a subtle greeting to the officer.

"Leilan. How are you?" The man started, putting away papers he was holding. "I hope you haven't murdered all of our training machines in cold blood yet. We're on short supply for the highest difficulty ones this month."