Relentless Pursuit - A Welcome to Raccoon City Story

Arklay Forest - Spencer Mansion

2:32 am

Jill Valentine

Jill had seen her fair amount of weird shit across the city over the years. Murders at the Raccoon university, weird sightings in the forest, and mysterious disappearances. Jill thought she could handle it all but this incident showed her that nothing was written in stone. Wesker betrayed her. He had betrayed their entire team. Leaving them for dead in this place. He didn't hesitate to turn around and run into that tunnel. He had his goal. He made his choice. It was time she made hers. Chris and Richard were still out there. On their own and probably surrounded by whatever was stalking the mansion. She had to find them. Fast. Jill turned back to the destroyed chopper. Between all the wreckage and flames she saw the corpse of her former college. Brads corpse.

- Sorry Vickers.

She shook her head before her eyes moved back to the creature Wesker had shot.

It took three bullets before going down. Jill moved closer, slightly kicking it with her booth. He didn't move, he was dead now. The shot to the head did the trick. According to his uniform, he was a lab worker. But why on earth would a mansion like this have scientists running around? Jill turned back to the tunnel Wesker disappeared in. Yes, right - she thought. This place was probably filled with secret passages. Passages leading to whatever was under the mansion. She had to find Richard and Chris. They had to get out of here. Jill walked to the shredded shelves and searched for her rifle. Her pistol was still holstered but it wouldn't help her if more of those things were out there. She kicked the burning planks to the side, trying to find her weapon. The entire library was slowly burning down. She had to get out of this room. Moving books and planks away she kept searching for the rifle. Suddenly the chopper began falling apart. The rotor came down crashing on the wooden floor almost giving Jill a heart attack. She shrugged for a moment.

- Come on Jill. Get your shit together.

Moving another plank out of her way finally revealed the rifle.

As fast as she went for the weapon she pulled her fingers away again. It was burning hot.

- Shit.

She kicked the rifle into the only part of the room that was spared from the explosion.

- Come on.

She kneeled and tried to touch it again.

- Cool off.

Again, and again she moved her fingers until she was able to grab the handle.

With the rifle in her hands, she stood back up.

- Jill.

She stopped.

She knew that voice.

Jill turned around, seeing the burning corpse of Brad Vickers crawling from the chopper.

- What the...

She ran toward him but then stopped.

- Vickers.

He couldn't have survived this.

Not an explosion that destroyed half of the library. He shouldn't be able to move. Not in his state. His uniform had burned away. His skin looked melted. His bones were visible, yet he was moving.