>> nine

Few fun facts about me. I had never been a fan of flying - having done it only once before that flight that Greyson put me on - and I absolutely hated heights. However, sadly, because it was such a last minute flight, all the good seats were taken. Terri, Caroline and I were separated for the entire flight. I was forced to sit next to a man that, by the looks of it, wanted to rip my shirt from the front. I crossed my arms over my chest and forced my eyes to stay outside the window I was sitting next to, just to get my eyes off of him. A bit while later I found out that his wife was sitting in the seat across the aisle and it was comforting to know that there was something keeping that human on a leash.

I didn't manage to fall asleep throughout the eleven-hour flight. Maybe because I didn't feel sleepy, maybe because I was that upset, maybe because of my wolf, maybe because of the man next to me. A shitload of maybes and not one specific answer. That's just the perks of being me.

Finally, after eleven tortorous hours, the plane reached England and landed in an airport I was not familiar with. I didn't care if I was being inappropriate or unpolite, but I basically pushed past the man I sat next to, desperate to get away from his cologne. Maybe that was the reason his wife sat across the aisle. Amongst many others, I pushed my way out and then stood right near the gate, waiting for Terri and Caroline. Caroline was first to submerge and I grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side with me. I did the same with Terri just a few seconds later. The three of us exchanged silent glances, but it looked like they were both too sleepy to really function and so I just dragged them to get our bags. At least someone managed some sleep.

I was just grabbing the white luggage that Greyson bought me when we were shopping, when I got tapped on the shoulder. I turned around to see a woman behind me. A Lycan woman.

"Well it sure is easy to sniff out three werewolves amongst a lot of humans," she said, looking amused. She let her eyes glide over me. "The rest of the girls introduced themselves as Terri and Caroline, so you are left with Katja." I cleared my throat and nodded.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs..."

She waved her hand dismissively, a smile appearing on her lips. "Just call me Cassie. Already Cassandra seems way too formal," she spoke with a laugh and then gave me a wide grin. "Oh, we're going to be the bestest of friends." I told that to Greyson...

"Oh. You're Greyson's mother?"

She nodded and frowned slightly. "I'm usually proud of my son, but right now I really would like to slap the back of that boy's head and drag him to the car by his ear. The poor choices he makes." She shook her head. I frowned as well, momentarily thinking that what she was implying on as a poor choice might be me as his mate, although that's really not a choice of anyone's besides the Goddess's. "He called me the moment the plane took off. Asked me to come to the airport personally and so on. He also told me that line I just told you. He wanted you to know that he's sorry and that Declan was to blame for him not coming to the gate." She looked so sincere and I dropped my gaze to the floor nervously.

"But I just yelled at him, told him I wasn't the one he should say that to." I looked up in surprise and the Luna for Lycan's gave me a soft smile. "Now, come on. We need to go." The handle of the luggage was suddenly ripped from my grasp and I looked up in shock, ready to yell at the thief. Though when a thief is six foot tall and very wide from muscles, you can say I got a bit tounge-tied. He may have the luggage if he let's me live.

"Thank you, Brian. Just take it to the car," Cassie spoke and I finally got it. Of course, another Lycan. I expected a snide comment from my wolf at that, but she was sleeping in the furthest corner of my soul, happily snoring away.

I walked next to Cassie who was far more considerate with my short steps than anyone else so far. We reached yet another black SUV. Obviously, the Lycans had a love for these. I sat in before Cassie and she slid in after me.