chapter 9

Sonic kicked shadow's ankle earning him a curse and glare from the defiant man. Shadow huffed, obviously unhappy with the situation he found himself in. he side-eyed me groaning as he spoke, "I... apologise..." he forced out, sounding as though it physically pained him to say.

"For?" rouge urged.

He looked at rouge unamused. "absolutely not. We're done here." he growled and stomped out of the apartment, slamming the door behind him.

The room filled with a long awkward silence.

"Well!" sonic chirped, throwing his hands behind his head. "I'd say that went pretty well... all things considered..." he chuckled awkwardly. The other three all shook their heads.

Rouge patted my shoulder. "He'll come around. He always does...usually..."

I eyed her for a moment. "Always and Usually dont exactly–"

"How about that treat now?" rouge chirped up, interrupting me. "Sonic, why dont you take them with you to get something? Im sure the outdoors would do you both some good."

Sonic jumped at the invitation. "Alright! Let's go!" he cheered, grabbing a hold of my hand.

"Ah!" rouge stopped him. "Take it slow, sonic." he pouted at her. "Sooonic." her voice became more firm.

He instantly folded over, dropping my hand in the process, and groaned in bitter defeat. "Gah! Alright! Fine!" he slumped over towards the door. "Come on... let's go..."

"Have fuuuun~" rouge cooed at us, waving us off.

I had a bad feeling about this...

"Gods..." Sonic whined, trailing behind me. "I forgot this is how normal people get places. So. Sloowww."

I stopped and turned to him. "Sonic... we've barely made it to the elevator..."

He stopped and turned around, the apartment being only twenty feet away. "I want to cry," he said defeated.

"Yeah, okay," i shook my head hitting the elevator button. I opened it soon after and both I and sonic entered. I hit the button for the lobby. When I turned to look at Sonic, he was making faces in the mirror.

I chucked at him. His eyes moved to look at me in the mirror. He straightened himself and smiled, still facing the mirror. "Y'know... I'm kinda getting used to this new look." He pulled at the corner of his mouth, bearing his teeth, looking at them closely. "I didn't like it at first, glad the canines stayed around."

I chuckled again, "I dunno what other look you're talking about, but I think this one is really good-looking," i said with a smile.

Sonic stiffened, the tip of his ears getting a tinge of pink. He turned to look at me. "You think so?" But before I could respond, he started up again. Running a hand through his blue hair, he looked back into the mirror. "Yeah, I suppose you're right!" he grinned, doing a cocky pose. "Though, I think Shadow's more h–" he stopped himself, his face flushed. He began sputtering, "But y'know... Uh, so is Rouge! And my boy, Tails! Looking so dapper! Cream's adorable as always–but like, in a sibling kind of way! Not in that way! And if Knux was here, I'm sure he'd be soooooohohoho better looking than Shadow! With all the muscles, and that hard glare, and the red... Oh! And you too, of course! ........ I'm gonna shut up now..." he rambled in a panic, dropping his head against the mirrored wall.

I could have read him wrong, but I for sure thought the two didn't like each other, but I chose not to bring it up. Sonic might just melt under sheer panic. I chucked to myself imagining the sight.

Sonic's head turned to me. "What's so funny?" he sounded defeated.

"It's nothing," I said, and he seemed to accept that as an answer before returning his gaze to the floor.