Chapter 1 - Summer camp

Evelyn's pov:

I can't believe that mom sent me and El (Eleanor) to a tennis summer camp. She knows how much I hate camps, all the people that I constantly am surrounded by, and I need to spend my last week of summer here before transferring to Rosehill. I'd much rather spend it with my friends from my old school, unfortunately, this is the best way for El to get into an Ivy-league College after high school. So according to my parents I have no choice but to transfer as well.

When we finally arrived at the camp, It was filled to the brim with entitled rich teen girls. I mean, our parents are pretty wealthy too, but they always taught me and my sister to be kind to others that might not be so fortunate as us, and to never judge people by their money, clothing or anything that you might think of by a first impression. And yes, I know i just called those girls for entitled rich teens, but I'll make an exception with myself, only this once.

"Hey Evelyn, catch!"Eleanor shouts at me while throwing me my tennis racket while unpacking our bags.

The handle of my racket hits me straight in my forehead because of my slow response and I fall backwards onto my bed with a high pitched squeak. El immediately dies of laughter and bends over while clutching her stomach from laughing so hard.

"Stop it, it's not funny! Shut up!" I say as I'm massaging my forehead where I was hit and slightly chuckling because of my sister's reaction.

While wiping a tear from her eye she happily says "Oh god, that made my day. You ok sis?"

"I'm fine, humiliated, but fine" I say laughing slightly.

"Ok good, our tennis starts in about an hour, dibs on the bed in the corner, and I'll see you out there when you're ready. Bye loser!"

"Bye stupid."

I will literally leave the country and change my identity if she ever gets to know I said this, but she's so cool. She's literally is so care free and chill all the time, yet she still is so confident and tough when she needs to be. I admire her so much, but if I'd say that she'd never let me hear the end of it; So I just stay quiet.

At the end of the long, hot day, I take a quick shower and get in to bed with my favorite book and read a couple of chapters while I hear Eleanor in the bathroom brushing her teeth. Unfortunately we got a room with two beds to share. I wish we had gotten one room each, but we didn't. At least they had the decency to give us one bed each, which I'm grateful for. I turn the page of my book and hear Eleanor leaving the bathroom and look up to see her wearing a white oversized T-shirt and black shorts and see she's drying her short, damp hair with a white, flowery towel that were complementary to our room we are staying in. She picks up her phone from her bedside table and unlocks it with her Face ID while getting under the sheets and throwing the towel on to a nearby chair.

"So, how was your day? Did you make any friends?" I ask, putting down my book in my lap and turning my attention towards my sister.

"Hm, well I did talk to this girl whom I used to go to camp with, her sex tape had been leaked so I told her that I had overheard some girls on the tennis court talking about how they spread the video. She was defensive but I think she was thankful and I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that she's done something about it by tomorrow. How about you?

"Other than sitting and talking with some nice girls at lunch, I haven't really gotten to know anyone really."

"Well it's only the first day so you got a whole week to meet new friends, and I'm sure you will. Good night!"

"Good night"

Our week at the tennis camp was coming to an end. I had barely made any friends, although I did get to sit with those same girls at lunch that I did the first day. But we weren't really friends. Eleanor had kinda made a friend, she usually hung out with Drea, one of the coaches though she's the age of Eleanor. I guess she's just really good at tennis.

When we were all leaving the camp, El and Drea hung out and went to some restaurant to get grilled cheese and talk, while I just ordered a lemonade and a grilled cheese sandwich to go, and ate it while sitting in the car with Eleanor's emotional support bearded dragon, Oscar winner Olivia Coleman, and talked with it until I finished my food.