Chapter 13

ALESSIO

My dad was playing games with me that day to calm me down and not create a scene.

Julianna passed away on the day of our wedding and the child couldn't be saved. The doctors knew just as they started examining her outside of the church that she was no more.

I sat alone in the sitting room, the room all dark with no light glowing, a glass of alcohol in my hands when there was silence. Complete fucking silence.

I saw her at a church during my sister's wedding, I fell in love with her at a church, I finally made her mine in a church and I also lost her in a church.

*

Dad took over my mafia temporarily because I had lost my senses. My mother made me come back to her place so she could look after me as dad looked after my and his mafia.

I was silent all during the days, the constant film replaying in my head of her dying and of me lowering her coffin in the grave. Upon my insistence, the doctors operated on her to get the dead foetus out and I did a separate small burial for our daughter that couldn't make it.

*

I came back to power after a year and two months and this time? I was ready. I was fucking ready to take over everything, to make sure to find out what happened to my late wife, to find whoever was behind whatever happened to her and kill them mercilessly with my own hands. I was ready.

Wearing my suit coat, I flexed my muscles to check the fitting, quite satisfied to see that it did. I adjusted my collar, wore the cufflinks that Julie had gifted to me and supported my wrist with a Rolex watch. I combed my hair, adjusted my suit, applied some perfume and looked myself in the mirror.

I had lost eighty kgs after the death of Julianna and our baby girl, but had managed to gain some during these last few months. I had gained some muscle as I had started gym again because if I was ever going back? I was going back in style and in power.

Not some fucking sorry excuse of a thin, weak boy.

No.

Never.

Hardening my chin and adding as much ruthlessness as I could, I left the master bedroom but not before once glancing back at Julianna's and my marital bed. The bed where we were both supposed to consummate our marriage but someone killed her.

No doubt my father was the best capo there but come on....... I wasn't that dumb. I knew it was murder but by who and how and why? I wanted to find out. Although I did have my suspicions as to who did it because they? They loved targetting everyone, especially my family.

*

I entered my office only to see my father standing there, going over some files. Closing the door behind, I went towards him and shook his hand. His grip was firm but so was mine. A clear indication that I was the son of a strong man.

Father nodded at me as I nodded back when he grabbed his things in order to leave to go back home. He locked eyes with me one last time before saying, "I trust you."

A small smile stretched over my face when he repeated, "I trust you and I believe in you." Laying a hand on my shoulder and squeezing it, he stepped close and kissed my forehead, "I love you, son."

I was very grateful for him when I grasped his hand hard and kissed his hand, "I love you too, father."

Clapping me on the shoulder, he walked past me but stood at the door. I turned around putting up the mafia mask that he had always shown me to wear when his mask was also back on. He stared at me as I waited for him to say something when he did. When he finally did and it was not at all what I was expecting. Definitely not this shit.

"The Bratvas. Silencer snipers. Three bullets. One in her heart, one from the back piercing through her ribs and going through the baby, and one directly to her head, in her brain. The brain one was what was the most fatal and caused her head to burst. She passed away three minutes after the bullets pierced her. Bratva sub-head gave the order, the head might be involved. Stay safe, good luck and call me whenever you need help."

My whole body was rigid when he turned one last time and looked at me, "Show-time should be strongly relational and communicative." and then he left.

I was staring at the door, my heart beating fast and my mind racing a thousand miles an hour. Dad did the research that I was supposed to do for the murder of my late wife, but he deliberately didn't start the mission knowing I would have wanted to kill every single person out there that was involved in my wife's and daughter's murder. I was extremely glad for dad to have done this because the Bratva's would not have been expecting me for another few months with them thinking that maybe I was trying to trace them out, now that I had joined office.

Little did they know that I had all of the major information now. Now the co-ordinates was all that I needed to make sure the show-time made abundant noise to warn all the future battalions.

And by saying show-time should be strongly relational and communicative, dad meant that he wanted to fight along with me, avenging the blood of his daughter-in-law and his granddaughter.

TWO WEEKS AND THREE DAYS LATER

Dad and I abolished the Bratvas and made everyone pay for who was involved in the murder of my beloved family.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now you know the most major chunk of Alessio's past fully. How do you feel about it?

Peace.

A.ZChaudhry

My insta: anachaudhry123

Insta: authora.zchaudhry