Chapter Three

Soviet walked around and once he saw the map he read that there was a cafeteria by the second floor. "Let's go there and see if there's anybody to be of help, and maybe even get us some decent source of food." He continued walking down the stairs, the three countries following him.

"..how bad can hypothermia get..?" Russia broke the quietness they were in and asked his father, whom looked at the signed walls waiting to reach number two.

"Worse would be death." He simply stated but America could see the worry on his face.

"Death..?" South mumbled in worry as he glanced up from where he was looking down the stairs.

"Yes..so we must be quick and hope that it's only a fever that we can control." He said and opened the doors leading to the cafeteria floor and he saw a few workers there, four, were on a table with candles and some coats.

"Bingo." Soviet grinned as the young countries smiled in delight at the sight of help.

...

Soon, they've arrived back in the room with many supplies, from candles to some food and many more that they carried with them.

Thanks to the workers they found there, they offered to hand them many unused clothes for workers and some blankets they managed to find. Both groups said their goodbyes and hoped that everyone would be alright in this storm.

Soviet opened the door and saw that everyone who was there were asleep, so he put the stuff away and glanced to notice that Reich was moved from sitting on the ground to being laid on one of the many couches, while Poland was sleeping on a single person couch, hugging his knees as his cheeks were red from coldness.

"Try to cover them with the coats we got, don't wake them." America said as he went to Germany and covered him along with Reich, Russia and Soviet doing the same to the others and then they lightened the candles and South tied four of the candles together to make a little fireplace to heat some drinks and kept holding the little kettle in his hand, shifting it between himself and Russia so their wrists could rest until the water was hot enough.

Throughout the whole process of hearing some water, the two countries chatted a little, America sitting with them once he was done putting the stuff away and split some chocolate he held to share it with the little group.

Reich groaned as he clutched his chest, opening his eyes and everything seemed tilting and breathing was a bit of a hard task, he could hear some voices yet they felt distant and he tried to sit up and breath a little, yet as soon as air entered his chest, he fell into a rough coughing fit that didn't want to stop.

Germany woke up and didn't care about anything surrounding him as he rushed to his father's shaking figure, losing his footing from the rush and panicked but picked himself up and helped Reich sit up. "Easy easy.." he sounded terrified, barely awake and hoping to calm his father's awful coughing.

Everyone now was awake as Russia looked at the kettle and South understood what he wanted to do and poured the water into a glass and handed it to Russia, it wasn't too hot but it might be warm enough to calm Reich's throat.

"Here, let him drink this." Russia offered the drink to the German and watched as Reich clutched Germany's sleeve, using it as his only support to sit up, almost all of his weight was on his son's shoulder.

Germany helped his father take small sips of water and soon enough he was only panting, sweating nonstop as he clutched the coat that was on his shoulders.

Soviet didn't like the way he looked, fearing that it was the start of hypothermia, he reached his hand and touched Reich's forehead, with how sweaty and heating up he was, Soviet held himself not to celebrate that it was radiating heat. Too high for normal but it being a fever is much better that a hypothermia that could kill him.