Wela Volcano

- It seems clear to me that this Marowak has an upturned muzzle. - commented Dawn while she and Ash were looking, close, at the photo that Kiawe, the Captain of the test, had given them in his hand.

- Yes, you're right, it's very obvious. Ash said.

At that moment a shadow rushed at them with great speed. Luckily the coach noticed it and took the girl by the hand moving away.

- Caution! Pikachu, use Thunderbolt! -

- It's the same Pokémon from the photo! - exclaimed the surprised coordinator and then took the Pokédex from her pocket and pointed it at her. - Marowak, Boneguard Pokémon: The bone-flame that Marowak twirls like a staff belonged to his mother, and her spirit protects it. He mourns his fallen comrades as he visits their graves along the roadside. -

While Dawn was still concentrating on consulting the Pokédex, another Marowak jumped up behind them.

- Piplup, use Bubble Beam! - exclaimed the coordinator, turning around.

Both Pikachu and Piplup used attacks ordered by their trainers, however the enemy Pokémon avoided them and jumped to the ground in front of them. Ash looked at them defiantly and Dawn turned to look at them in a similar way.

- Hi you coaches, ja! - exclaimed a blond man with a backpack on his shoulders. - Do you want to wrestle me? Yup? -

The two friends looked at each other in confusion, then the test Captain took a few steps forward and spoke.

- In the first part of the test you will have to defeat the two Marowaks and the mountain man Eric. -

- It will be fun, ja! - Eric exclaimed throwing his Pokéball.

A Magmar came out of the hillbilly's Pokéball and Dawn took the Pokédex again to check.

- Magmar, the fire-breathing Pokémon: a good hot bath is ideal for regaining strength, and 

Magmar knows it. Only that he bathes in molten lava! In battle, he shoots flames from his body. -

- Dawn, what do you say? I'd say start with Pikachu and Piplup alone, keep the others at rest until the Dominant Pokémon arrives. - Ash said looking at the enemy Pokémon with a defiant air.

- Okay! - Exclaimed Dawn, looking at him and nodding her head and then turned to look at the Pokémon in turn.

- Attack first, ja, Magmar, use Ember! -

Eric's Pokémon stood still to launch the attack, however the two Marowaks jumped and prepared to use Bone Club.

- Piplup, use Whirlpool! -

When the Penguin Pokémon launched the move it knocked the three enemies to the ground.

- In one move! Dawn exclaimed, turning to the coach, smiling enthusiastically.

- Fantastic! Piplup was great! - he echoed just as happy.

When, however, they exchanged high fives they realized that the two Marowaks had stood up. They were using False Swipe. Luckily Piplup and Pikachu had jumped.

The two friends immediately turned away, alarmed.

- Pikachu, use Quick Attack! -

- Piplup, use Bubble Beam! -

Piplup's Bubble Beam hit the two Pokémon at the same time, staggering them, and Pikachu's Quick Attack knocked them out for good.

- WE REALLY DID IT! they exclaimed happily, turning at the same time towards each other.This time they high-fived each other. One with both hands.