ꕥ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐘𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐎𝐑 ꕥ

𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐗 𝐱 𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐘/𝐍

𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐄

𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲: pinkrascal-

(𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 1679 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐨 𝐲𝐞𝐚-)

"Y/N, are you ready?" asked your friend while they knocked on your door.
"Yep! I'm done! Let's go now." You responded to your friend. You guys were planning on going into the deep, gloomy forest to camp for about a week since there was nothing to do at your guy's house and any other friend's house. No update at all. Everything was packed like the tents, bags full of survival supplies, containers full of food, a flashlight, a bag full of charcoal and 2 lighter fluids. You and your friend packed everything in their truck and got inside it, "Hey, F/N? What do you think will happen when we go into the woods? Will there be anything dangerous things out there? I heard some youths went missing there... Are you sure we'll be fine?"
"Ah, yes, we'll be fine- wait, did you say youths?"
They worriedly muttered, turning their head towards you, "Yes...? The news had reported a lot of children and juveniles went missing, but when they found them," You continued saying, "they were..." Your voice drifted off, not wanting to say the gruesome part to your friend, "They were what, Y/N?" They queried you.
"They were... looking like they were strangled to death by someone, cause' they found finger marks on their necks, it had deep red streaks on them... and there were also some who were caught hangi-"
"DON'T TELL ME THE REST OF IT, JUST DON'T."
Your friend interrupted you but also demanded anxiously, promptly swerving their head back to the front window of the truck. "Sorry, I just had that in my mind..." You apologized, dismayed, looking away.
"No, no, it's okay, thanks for reminding me..."
"Oh, uhm, okay.. I'll just think of something else then." You promised lightly.
The truck was ready to go, and soon, you and your friend drove off the road, relieved after.

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐊

You guys have now entered Balthazar's-Stygian National Forest, after so many stops for gas, you finally made it here.
"Holy hell, we made it here!" Your friend said as they drove into the parking spot, "Now we're getting somewhere." they finished off.
"No pun intended, ha." They added.
You wheezed with your hand on your forehead.
After laughing, you got out of the truck and went with your friend to find a camping spot, but...
they went to the side of the forest, not the actual camp site near the truck, "F/N, where are you going? That's not where we're going, it's right here."
"No, no, Y/N, I know that is it, but instead of right there, we are going deeper than expected."
They said with a grin. You look at them with furrowed eyebrows, widened eyes and a worried face, "What in the hell were you thinking?"
"Oh c'mon, Y/N, it isn't going to be THAT bad."
"No, no, F/N. I'm not gonna let that slide."
"We planned this for weeks, Y/N, you're now just going to despair of this plan?"
Your friend started, you sighed in stress, "Okay, okay, I'll trust you. But if anything goes wrong like if you set me up in a trap, I'll leave you for good." You told them, "Why would I even set you up? I have nobody to be secretly working with, except you." They pointed out.
"Okay, as long as you're not lying, I'll trust you."
You vowed.
"Hey uh, it's getting dark out here, let's set up camp now."
"Alright."