Josh?!

It has been a hectic few months. I have been super busy with running the social media and Xavi has been working the guys to the brink of death, so they can win la liga this year. Gavi and I have spent time together, but nothing has happened since the big kiss.

I walked out onto the field today. The whole team is already standing there. I walk over to Xavi to talk him through what I have to do for the socials. "Since the recruits are coming this week, I will be mostly with them" I say as xavi thinks intensely "can I ask you something?" I say bringing Xavi out of whatever he was thinking about. He looks at me with a 'go on' look on his face. I take my cue"what exactly are the recruits?" I ask, looking at him. He thinks for a moment "these are the teens that we are interested in. We are always thinking of the future of the club. We run this clinic so that when it is time for them to sign with us, not all of it is new and being thrown on them at once" he smiles content with how well he explained it. I looked past him to see Gavi looking at me. I thanked him for his explanation and made my way over to Gavi. I look at him confused at why he has such a suggestive look on his face. I stand there looking at him, when he grabs my shoulders and turns me around so my back is facing him. He pulls me backwards so that my back is fully pressed up against his chest. Once he is happy with this position. He lays his chin on my shoulder and starts talking to me. " Are you excited? This is a big week." he says. My back is to him but I can feel him smiling. " I remember a long two years ago when I was in their position", I let out a chuckle at how dramatic he was.

At that moment the doors open and a group of 15-19 year old boys walk out onto the field. The look on their faces is magical as they take in what is happening. I am looking through the group of boys when my eyes fall onto a tall blonde. I blink a couple of times to see if what I am looking at is real. I had been standing there mouth wide open for a moment when he met my eyes too. "Josh?" I mouth. His smile brightens up. I break free of Gavi's arms and run to Josh as he opens his to me. I jump into them and he twirls me around. He put me down and looked at me. Josh was a 6'5 tall skinny blonde who most girls drooled over in high school. I look at him and so many emotions are running through my head. Xavi breaks the stare and calls us both to talk privately. I explained that Josh was an old friend. Xavi knew how much I had been struggling and actually told Josh and I to skip training today and go catch up. We both smile and nod.

I tell Josh I need to go grab something and walk back over to where the team is standing. I have the stupidest smile on my face. Everyone looks at me confused, but Gavi is the one who steps forward,' where are you going?" He asks his eyes to make it look like he is hurt. I look at everyone and say the sweetest way I could "Xavi told us to skip training and go catch up" I start to gather my things, but I look up again at Gavi. I freeze. I know what he is thinking.... Who is this boy and why is he taking Sav. I look at the whole team and open my mouth to talk, but Josh yells from the door to hurry up. I turn back to the 30 guys standing there all with the same confused look on their faces. "I will tell you later. '' I say, turning around and running to Josh, who throws his arm around me. We walk out together just like old times. Before it was Makenzie, Josh and I. It was just Josh and I.

Gavi's Pov

Sav and I are finally in a good place. We aren't dating, but she is my girl. This is one of my favorite weeks. Seeing the looks on the recruits faces reminds me how hard I worked to get here. Today was different though. I started out good, with me hugging Sav, but when the recruits came out she ran to this tall attractive boy. She hugged him like he was the most important person to her. Then when we all ask her what is going on she brushes us off. I feel hurt. The way she interacts with him, the way they are so comfortable with each other's touch I am scared I might lose her to him. I can't lose her. I just can't.

15 years ago

"Mom I don't want to go to preschool I want to stay home with youuuuuu" I whine holding onto my mom's leg. She smiles at a bigger lady who peels me off my mom. I would later find out that this is my teacher. She squats next to me and points to a boy sitting at a table by himself. "Why don't you go play with him? '' she says and I walk over to him. I sit down and he looks at me confused. We don't talk for many days, but every morning we would silently play with play dough. Then one day I do our usual nod and sit down. He looks at me and says, 'I want to be friends' ' I smile. "Yes''

4 years ago

My mascara is running and I know I look rough. "I can't believe we are graduating grade school after 11 years with the same people," Josh says, handing me a tissue. I look at him " and I can't believe we actually stayed friends for this long" I say playfully pushing him. Josh and I were comfortable together. we had never liked each other, we were like Elle and lee from the kissing booth. Just less toxic. He throws his arm around me and we start to laugh as our favorite song plays from the speakers. I look around at my grade, I look at the graduation party my school had thrown, and I look at my best friend who stuck with me all this time.

Present

"Wait what?!" Josh is basically yelling as I tell him about Anita and Gavi. I  am laughing so hard that lemonade is coming out of my nose. He pulls me closer to him and I can't stop laughing. He puts my head on his chest trying to muffle the laugh because everyone in the restaurant was staring at us. We finish our meal and continue to laugh. We get up and leave. Walking down the street he starts to talk about everyone back home. He looks at me seriously "you need to come home before the USA explodes without you." I smile,"wow the explosion is extreme." I say laughing. He smiles.

We walk back into Camp Nou. I am greeted with a concerned group of men. Gavi, Pedri, Ferran, Ansu Fati, Balde, and Pablo Toree are staring at us with concerned looks. Josh leans over "someone is in trouble" he says making sure the guys hear it too, trying to lighten the mood. It fails. Gavi gets up and has a smile on his face that to the normal person would be genuine, but to people who know him, yeah we know It is fake. He visibly puts his arm around me and sticks out his hand, "hi I am Gavi. And you are?" Gavi says this and Josh looks scared. "Josh" he replies uncertainly. In that moment Gavi softens from his rock hard persona he had on. "Ohhhhhh" he turns to the guys "this is josh". They all sigh with relief and Gavi lets me go. Josh looks at me and I smile letting him know he is not going to be killed by them. He grabs my waist and makes a joke about how we need to go makeout. I shove him, but follow him. Only looking back once to see confusion on everyone's face.