Do You Get Deja Vu?

I was standing in my office. Well, actually I was on my way down to the training fields, when I got a call from Marissa. "Hey girl!" I said when I picked up. "Hey Savannah! Can you stop by my office when you are done at training because I want to talk to both you and Lauren about a modeling gig?" she asked back, really excited. "Of course!" I said back to her then hung up.

I walked out onto the field and was on my way over to the boys, who were waiting for me at the edge of the field in a group, when I got another call. I looked to see who it was when I stopped dead in my tracks. My phone screen had lit up with my mother's face and it was her phone number calling me. It took me a second before I even moved, but when I did, I picked up.

"Hello?" I said to the unknown person. "Hi, is this Savannah?" I heard an unfamiliar voice speak back to me. "Yes?" I said uncertainty. "Savannah, it is your mother. I am alive." they said back to me. "No you aren't" I said to them gritting my teeth. My serious face had triggered the boys to start to walk over to me.

"Yes I am"

"No you aren't. Stop calling me"

"Would anyone else know that you slept with a pink sheep at night when you were a kid?"

I paused. The person was right. Who else would know that information about my childhood. I was frozen when I felt Gavi put his hand on my shoulder. It can't be her right? No, I saw her dead on that table....right?

"Sav" I heard Gavi say to me. I couldn't move. My mom was alive and I didn't care. "Sav" he said more seriously, pulling me back suddenly.

"OMG" I said , jolting up in bed. "Are you okay?" Gav asked me to try to read my facial expression. I started hyperventilating. I was so close and I had gotten my hopes up that somehow she had survived, but it was all a dream.

I couldn't do anything, but cry. Gavi pulled me closer to him as I lost it. We could both sense that this cry was different. There was more desperation in it.

I was mid-cry when I heard my phone vibrating. I tried to shake off the feeling as I reached over to pick it up. Gavi wouldn't let go of me even though I was leaning over. "Hello?" I asked. Hey Savannah! Can you stop by my office this morning because I want to talk to both you and Lauren about a modeling gig?" she asked back, really excited. "Of course!" I said back to her then hung up. Oh gosh do you get deja vu?

I wiped my tears away and leaned back to kiss Gavi. "I love you," I said , looking right into his brown eyes. "I love you too," he said, kissing me back. After our emotional moment, I climbed out of bed and threw on a skirt and a shirt before walking out of the room to go find Lauren.

(outfit is from pinterest)

I knew she stayed the night last night, but where? I walked all over the house before stopping at Pedro's door. I was scared about what I would find if I walked in, but I did anyway. Luckily when I got in they were peacefully asleep.

"Lauren," I whispered to her. "What she groaned with her head still pointed into the pillow. "Marissa needs us." I responded and took the pillow away from her. She groaned and slipped out of Pedro's grip. He stayed asleep and we quietly walked out.

She changed into some of my clothes and we were on our way. We had just started to drive when I looked at her. "So you and Pedri?" I asked hoping the answer would be that they were official. "Just friends," she giggled. Omg do you get deja vu? "Right that is what Gavi and I would always say" I chuckled while playfully hitting her arm.

It was so aggravating that they wouldn't just admit their feelings because we all knew they were there. I did, Gavi did, and the whole team did. I guess this is what the team was feeling when Gavi and I were "just friends."

We stopped for coffee and then pulled up to Marissa's office. "What do you think she wants to talk about?" Lauren asked me as I hopped onto the elevator. I shrugged my shoulders just as confused.

We walked in and there were a couple of men waiting for us. I looked at Lauren uncertainty as we walked in. When Marissa spotted us she smiled and started to introduce us to all the men. "These guys are on the recruitment board for Victoria Secret" Marissa said to our shocked faces while trying to contain her smile. I felt light headed. How did I go from not being a model to possibly modeling for VS in less than a month.

For the next hours we were measured, taught how to walk correctly, and given a brief idea of what this would like. To be honest, I was really excited. "Thanks so much" I made sure to shake all their hands before leaving.

When Lauren and I made it to the car, we started to freak out. In the modeling industry being a VS model is like winning the super bowl. You know what scratches that. It is like winning the world cup. "How do we tell the boys?" Lauren asked me. I chuckled a bit, "team dinner." I said to her, I sent a text in the group chat and an hour later we had planned everything out for tomorrow night. The only thing I told them was that "we needed to talk." The boys were confused and kept asking me what that meant, but ignored them.

Lauren and I didn't know what to do. We had too much energy to go home, but we also were so bored just driving around. We ended up settling on a chill lunch and some shopping for a dress.

We pulled up to the smoothie bowl place and ordered before finding a table. We really didn't talk that much during the meal. Both of us were lost in our own thoughts about what just happened. It was comfortable to have a friend who I could just sit in silence with and I didn't feel bad. I loved Josh and Mackenzie, but they always took all my energy.

We finished up and walked out. Only then did we start to talk and joke like normally. We were walking in and out of stores, trying on dresses and what not, when My eyes fell on this white dress with puffy sleeves. It wasn't something I would usually go for, but I thought it could be fun to change things up. We walked in and I didn't even try it on. I just bought it and we walked out.

_______

We walked into the house with our bags and I flipped my shoes off. "WE ARE HOME!!" I yelled to the boys. "IN THE KITCHEN" Pedri yelled back. I nodded and walked in to see them sitting at the counter facing us. "What is the news?" Gavi asked us. "Yeah tell us now" pedri cut in. We nodded and laughed. "You will just have to wait for love boys' ' I said to them. "Make sure to wear something nice. You are going to want to hear this news". I didn't even give them time to react before I grabbed Lauren's arm and ran upstairs with her.