Chapter 9

Chad and Meg were walking home when they ran into the new trio of policewomen.

"Hi, Sam! Jill, Andy" said Meg.

"That's Sergeant Sam to you, Meg. I got promoted yesterday" said Sam.

"Oh really?" said Meg.

"You bet. So the girls and I are on duty making sure Wiggletown is safe" said Sam.

Chad saw his ex-wife in a police uniform and was kind of satisfied with it.

"I say. Jill is a policewoman now" he said.

"Heh. Hello, Chad. Do you... still hate me?" said Jill awkwardly.

"A little" said Chad truthfully.

"He thinks you're trying to steal my life" said Sam.

"Oh dear... Chad, she's been such a good friend to you. Why would I do anything of the sort to her?" said Jill.

"Besides, it's almost impossible to steal the life of the Green Warrior!" said Meg.

"Green Warrior?" said Jill.

"It's my best known profession" said Sam.

"How fascinating" said Jill.

She looked at how tightly Chad was holding Meg and said "You two look like something's going on."

"Something is going on. Chad is about to leave me for a week" said Meg.

"He's leaving all of us with his buddies" said Sam.

"For what?" said Andy McNally.

"A mandatory rehearsal voyage. For my upcoming movie, you see" said Chad.

"Oh! How exciting" said Jill.

"It is when you get to go" said Meg.

"What?" said Jill.

"I'm letting her spend the day in my arms because I won't see her for a week" said Chad.

"But... but Meg has been in Actorville before, eh?" said Jill.

"She has, but she can't go" said Sam.

"That's probably not how I would have said it given her state, Sam" said Chad.

"But why?" said Andy.

"The voyages are for actors only" said Sam before blowing a raspberry and doing the thumbs down move.

"I can tell you want to go too" said Meg.

"Heck yeah! I'm all for a little sea sailing. I grew up on an island where that's all the rage" said Sam.

"I guess you two are the same boat. No pun intended" said Andy.

Chad laughed and said "Good one, Andy."

"So... would any of you girls like to have tea with us tonight?" said Meg.

"No can do, Meg. We still gotta train the lovely Officer Gibson here. There's so much to learn on the base, you know" said Sam.

"Oh yeah. Good luck, Jill" said Meg.

"Thank you, Meg" said Jill.