Chapter 14

Bruce picked up the Bat-phone and said "Yes, Commissioner?"

"Jeremy Clyde just called, Batman. He's reported that Catwoman has been teasing Mrs Meg Murry-Stuart" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Has he told you what Catwoman said?" said Bruce.

"Yes. It all implies that she's plotting against Chad Stuart" said Commissioner Gordon.

"We'll be right over" said Bruce.

"Mr Clyde said for you and the Boy Wonder to come to his apartment. Would you do that?" said Commissioner Gordon.

"At once" said Bruce hanging up the phone.

"Holy pussy willows, what nerve! Do you think she's after their voices again?" said Dick.

"Could be. The woman doesn't give up that easily" said Bruce.

Then he flipped a switch and said "To the Bat-poles."

Bruce and Dick slid down the Bat-poles, descended into the Bat-cave, and turned into Batman and Robin. 

Then they got into their signature vehicle, the Batmobile and prepared to take off.

"Atomic batteries to power. Turbines to speed" said Robin.

"Roger. Ready to move out" said Batman.

And off they went!

They arrived at Jeremy's apartment in less than an hour thanks to the Batmobile's fast momentum.

"Batman and Robin!" said Meg.

"Yes, Meg. The commissioner tells us you encountered Catwoman" said Batman.

"Yes, I did. She came up to me and creepily asked where Chad was" said Meg.

"Yeah, I'm asking that too. I don't think I've ever seen you without him before" said Robin.

"He's out of town for a rehearsal voyage" said Meg.

"And what is that?" said Batman.

"It's an Actorville thing. They go on a voyage to the place their movie is set in, so Chad's on a voyage to the jungles of India" said Meg.

"Holy cruise line! Why didn't you go? I know I would have gone if I'd known about it" said Robin.

"I'm not allowed. Only actors go. But if I were allowed, I would have gone and Catwoman would have no one to ask about Chad" said Meg.

"You didn't tell her where he was, did you?" said Batman.

"No, Batman. But I'm still worried she's gonna find out" said Meg.

"And that's why we called you here. We need to keep her away from Chad" said Jeremy.

"No need for the time being, Jeremy. When did he leave for this voyage?" said Batman.

"This morning" said Meg.

"Then he's probably far away from Catwoman by now. Besides, if we don't know why she wants to know where he is... there are no leads" said Batman.

"No, I... I guess there aren't" said Meg.

"And what do you do when there are no leads?" said Batman.

"You make a lead!" said Robin.

"Make a lead?" said Meg.

"By golly, Robin, how?" said Jeremy.

"I'm not sure. But I am sure Batman has an idea" said Robin.

"As a matter of fact, I do. We lie to Catwoman about where Chad is" said Batman.

"Lie to her?" said Jeremy.

"Yes, Jeremy, lie to her. It will make her try again. And then we'll know if he's part of her plot" said Batman.

"Gosh, Batman! You never cease to amaze me!" said Robin.