Chapter 2: The First of Few & The First of Many

Wh.. What!?" Jeryme stammered as he squinted his eyes in disbelief. "So, the myths about the Grimm Reaper are true, and.. and you're the current one? What about Beelzebub and Yahweh? Are they real as well? Do you know them? What are they like?" Jeryme blurted out in rapid succession as he stood up slamming his hands on the table. He then took a second to compose himself and started walking toward the window looking out of it.

Felix watched him walk over to the window before answering his questions. " Yeah, and yeah they're real, or at least Rosin says so. I haven't met them or anything like that yet. Though ya know, you're the first alchemist I've ever met." Hearing this Jeremy sighed and rolled his eyes already starting to disbelieve what he was just told. Felix then stood up and started walking over to the window adding. " Rosin only told me a few things about Alchemists, and one of them was that if they are strong enough I should give them some of my bones." As he finished his sentence, he finally looked outside taking in the view from the window, and realized that they were no longer on the forest floor but now on a cliffside towering over the forest. The trees turned into an ocean of pitch-black water. The wind blew through the trees causing them to sway and resemble crashing waves as they flowed and crashed into each other. The birds looked as if they were jumping fish as they would raise above and then dip back below the tree line. He could see the hundreds of thousands of miles of Forest that sat before him and the vast lavender plains that lined the forest's border. Felix then turned to Jeryme and asked in a tone of pure astonishment "You made a cliff?"

"Yeah." Jeryme calmly replied. " Terraforming is just advanced alchemy." He said as he reached his hand out touching the window. Within a few seconds, the molecules that made up what that planet would consider air started to change into H2O. Water then started to pour out of the outside pane of the window. After a few seconds it was surging out and crashing down to the forest floor and flooding the land around it as it crawled back up the cliff. Unknown to Jeryme, the wildlife that was swept away by the water didn't drown but started to mutate into aquatic versions of themselves. Some animals that had strong auras transformed into advanced predators. The shrubs and bushes turned into multicolor coral reefs. Small trees keep their trunks, but their branches turned almost tentacle-like and start swaying in the water with long hair-like spines covering them. The larger trees grow bigger and become gigantic versions of the Black Mangrove Trees in the swamp biomes of the forest.

Felix stared in amazement as what was once flat forest land was now a mansion on a cliff that stretched to the heavens above a sprawling crystal-clear lake, and it was all created by the whim of one person. Then suddenly and to the surprise of Jeryme, causing the water to stop flowing for half a second, Felix violently reached into his chest, snapped off two of his ribs and pulled them out. He then handed them to Jeryme, locking eyes with him as exclaimed "Fuck! That hurt more than I thought it would." And then he slowly waddled back to his chair and started to stitch up his wound with black magic thread and replace the bones he lost with black magic as well. Jeryme stared at Felix bewildered about what just happened as he walked back to his chair, causing the outpour of water to decrease as he lost focus.

"Wha.. What do u want me to do with these?" he asked as he looked at the bones that were covered in a deep red and thick blood that pooled in the palm of his hand. The sight of the blood made him turn to the sink and start to wash off the bones and his hand. " You're an alchemist make something cool out of them." Felix replied with a tone that implied Jeryme should have already known the answer to that question. "But like... what?" Jeremy asked as he was now vigorously trying to scrub the blood off his hand "And why is your blood so damn sticky!?" He added as he was finally able to clean his hands and the bones of blood. "Is your blood not sticky?" Felix asked feeling a little self-conscious by the second question " And I don't know, something COOL, it doesn't have to be useful I just want to see what u can do with it." Felix stated as he finished sowing up his wound. Jeremy then started walking to his chair putting the bones on the table, but before he could sit down he looked back up at the window and said "Someone's coming." "I know, whatever it is it'll be here in about ten minutes." Felix said as he started to examine the other wooden carvings on the cabinets. Jeremy looked confused at that statement " How can u tell? Does it have to do with what u said earlier on that other planet, tracking aura?" He asked.