Chapter 3: Gilliat VS Felix

Felix rocketed himself at Gilliat causing a sonic boom to echo through the forest and even more waves started to form in the lake nearby. In the time it took him to reach Gilliat, he had already formed a staff out of black magic in his right hand and was getting ready to strike at Gilliat's head. But before he could even swing, Gilliat reached out with a black Magic-coated hand, grabbed Felix, and began squeezing him. A loud crunch rang out as more than half the bones in his body snapped simultaneously. Before Felix could even start repairing himself he was getting slammed into the ground over and over again making small craters in the area circling Gilliat. He was then thrown deeper into the forest crashing into and demolishing the trees in his path, but before he hit the floor Felix had already repaired his broken bones and damaged organs. He was then skimming across the forest floor like a stone skipping across a lake. As he was spinning rapidly bounding across the floor he was able to see Gilliat above him in the sky barrelling toward him. In a brief moment, Felix was able to make eye contact with Galliat and saw a look of disappointment sprawled across his face. For some odd reason, this made Felix feel ashamed as Rosin's words echoed in his head. "Your black magic is truly something special." Though that may seem like an insignificant thing to say coming from Rosin those words truly held a heavy weight. And in that moment on he no longer felt dread, he no longer felt sorrowor and, he no longer felt shame. He only felt determined not only to keep his title and prove Rosin was right but, to also give Gilliat the fight a contender for the holy title deserves. Felix dug his hand into the ground stopping his trajectory instantly, he then launched himself off the ground upwards into Gilliat's stomach. Felix formed a sledgehammer in his hand and slammed it into Gilliat's ribs sending the behemoth soaring down to the ground. As Gilliat hit the ground Felix was already there ready to grab his leg and throw deeper into the forest, in a similar fashion to how he did it to Felix earlier. As Gilliat bounced off the floor Felix leaped forward toward him, grabbed him by the eye socket, and tried to slam him into the ground. But before Gilliat hit the floor he put his hands out above his head stopping it from being slammed into the forest floor. He then pushed himself up and back on his feet while Felix was still holding on. He reached out, grabbed Felix, and pulled him off, but Felix didn't let go and Gilliat's skin was ripped off as he threw Felix onto the ground. As he bounced off the floor Gilliat grabbed a skinny tree and ripped it out of the ground, coated it with black magic, and swung into Felix like a baseball. Sending him back into the ground a little further into the forest. Felix shot a pole into the ground to stop himself and quickly got on his feet and composed himself as Gilliat came charging at him, fists covered in black magic. Felix made another staff as Gilliat leaped at him, almost resembling a gorilla as he slammed both his fists down on Felix. He was able to block the attack with his staff, but before he was able to counter Gilliat started throwing rapid punches. Felix was able to block them at first but Gilliat's speed kept increasing, and more and more swings were starting to connect. Soon Gilliat was landing the majority of his punches and Felix dematerialized the staff and made a shield surrounding him. Felix could only think "Holy Fuck!" before Gilliat shattered the spherical shield and started wailing on Felix, beating his body into the ground about 15 feet. Gilliat then grabbed him and threw him up into the atmosphere yelling,"I'll make this legendary!", and ripped a very large tree out the ground, coated it in black magic, and rocketed himself into the atmosphere faster than he threw Felix. Just as Felix was starting to slow down Gilliat appeared behind him smacking him with the tree and sending him careening back down towards the planet. Gilliat then made a platform and used it to propel himself back down at an even faster speed than Felix was launched, landing back in the forest waiting to catch Felix. As Felix came plummeting to the planet he thought back on a memory with Rosin about 8,000 thousand years ago. "When someone challenges you, you can't refuse. If you do that is considered forfeiting and your title will be transferred. The same thing will happen if you accept the challenge and try to flee. So you can't just teleport away. So no teleporting, ok Felix?" Rosin said to Felix as they stood in an open field scattered with yellow, blue, pink, and purple flowers that stretches miles out in any direction. "Ok, but what if I use it as a strategic move, not to run away?" Felix ask as he lied down in the field. "I dunno. You'll have to figure that out when the time comes." As that moment flashed in his mind he knew that this was the time to find out. He steadied his body and made a new staff that was taller than he was. He held it with both hands and steadied the tip that was below him with his feet and teleported. There he stood in the dark hallway that stretched endlessly before him. This space that was normally a place of peace and tranquillity that separated him from the rest of the universe, this most sacred of places, now felt like when he first started using it and he was on edge unsure of what awaited in the shadows, what lurked just beyond his footsteps. He took a deep breath in, and moved forward. He then reappeared slightly over the right compressing his body tight to the staff to reduce drag and increase his speed. Felix was now about the reach him when Gilliat swung out his hand attempting to catch Felix but due to his increased velocity and Felix slipped through Gilliat's fingers just as he was closing in on him. Seeing this Gilliat formed a shield covering the front of his neck to stop the staff from ripping through his flesh. But Felix didn't aim for his neck instead slightly to the right of it. When Gilliat didn't feel the staff make contact he quickly tried to swing his arm around to catch Felix as he fell behind him. But the moments right before the end of the staff passed Gilliat's throat a scythe blade shot out. The part of the staff that Felix was holding threaded into his hands and feet to keep him attached to it as the scythe's blade cut through the shield on Gilliat's throat, and then completely through his neck. Felix came crashing into the ground behind the behemoth, stopping himself by stabbing the staff into the ground. Gilliat, with a look of pure befuddlement, made a thin covering to completely wrap around his neck. He then turned to face Felix and sat down.