Chapter 2

Enjoy!

Y/n

"All together now, one.. two.. three!" Mr Weasley shouts, cueing all of us to lift up the tent to for Fleur's walk down the isle. As we all hold up our wands, making sure everything looks right, all of us turn to George as he squints, "Bloody hell. What's the Minister of Magic doing here?" I look over and see a man with shoulder-length hair holding a briefcase-bag.

I follow Ron over to the front door, following the man inside. "To what do we owe the pleasure, Minister?" I spot Harry and Hermione over on the other end of the room over Ron's shoulder and the man responds, "I think we both know the answer to that question, Mr Potter."

He ushers the four of us to sit on the couch as he pulls something out of the briefcase-bag he was holding, placing it on the table with care. We sit in silence on the couch for a minute, then Harry speaks up, "And this is?"

The Minister pulls out a piece of paper and it floats over to the side and he begins to read from it, "'Herein is set forth the last will and testament of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. First, to Ronald Bilius Weasley, I leave my Deluminator, a device of my own making in the hope that when things seem most dark, it will show him the light.'" He opens up the thing he had placed on the table previously and pulled out what looked like a silver-trimmed lighter, handing it to Ron.

"Dumbledore left this for me? Brilliant." He took a second to look at it, then held it to the side, "What is it?" The Minister stammers, not really sure how to answer, but then Ron opens it up and it absorbs the light from the lightbulbs in the room and it closes. He opens it up once more and the light returns to each bulb, "Wicked."

The Minister then turns to the floating page again and begins, "'To Hermione Jean Granger, I leave my copy of The Tales of Beetle the Bard in the hope that she find it entertaining and instructive.'" He then hands her a small book and Ron looks at it, saying, "Mum used to read me those, 'The wizard and the hopping pot,' 'Babbitty rabbitty and the cackling stump,'" He smiles to himself and the three of us look at him odd, because we've never heard of these stories.

"Oh, come on. 'Babbitty rabbitty'? No?" Ron looks at us in disbelief and the Minister continued on with the page, "'To Y/n L/n, I leave my Musical Enigma, in the hopes that she finds the answers she so desperately seeks.'" He hands me a small brown music box, engraved with gold images on the sides and an indent where you're to open it.

I hold it out in the palm of my hand and open it gently, seeing a small crystal ball instead of the typical ballerina you would normally see in a music box. A familiarly soft tune plays as the crystal rotates in a circle. On the inside of the lid, there are stars that move, spinning into constellations, then settling on one that I don't recognize. I smile, slowly closing it as the Minister sets to finish the will, "'To Harry James Potter, I leave the snitch he caught in his first Quidditch match at Hogwarts as a reminder of the rewards of perseverance and skill.'"

Harry leans forward and takes the snitch out of Scrimgeour's hand, then responds, "Is that it, then?"

The Minister shakes his head, "Not quite. Dumbledore left you a second bequest- the sword of Godric Gryffindor. Unfortunately, the sword was not Dumbledore's to give away. As an important historical artifact, it belongs-"

"To Harry," Hermione cuts him off effectively, "It belongs to Harry. It came to him when he most needed it in the Chamber of Secrets."

"The sword may present itself to any worthy Gryffindor, Miss Granger, that does not make it that wizard's property. And, in any event, the current whereabouts of the sword are unknown." The Minister shakes his head once more, then Harry asks, "Excuse me?"

"The sword is missing," Scrimgeour states again, then continuing, "I don't know what you're up to, Mr Potter, but you can't fight this war on your own. He's too strong."

***

Later that evening, I'm dressed in a silver dress with matching shoes and a garnet necklace to match my bracelet and Hermione and I are wandering around the party, looking for Harry and Ron. I approach a table and look down, fiddling with the music box in my hands. I feel Hermione's elbow suddenly in my ribcage and look at her, pushing her arm away, "What Mione??"

She tilts her head over across the way and I turn my head to see Ron standing there, smiling over at me. I feel my face begin to get warm and I return the smile, feeling her elbow in my spine this time, she pushes me forward to go over to him. I look back at her with wide eyes for pushing me, but I brush it off and head over to him anyways.

"You enjoying the party?" He asks me as I approach. Nodding, I respond, "It's quite the gathering, definitely." He nods along and I go to lean on the table by him. Just as he's about to say something, there's a giant woosh and suddenly a blue light begins speaking to us from the middle of the dance floor. I jump at the sound, gripping Ron's hand from behind me, "The Ministry has fallen. The Minister of Magic is dead. They are coming. They are coming. They are coming." The light dies out and everyone begins to run around, grabbing each other and pushing others.

I turn to Ron and he pulls me against him as a black cloud shoots by my head, shattering glass and setting the tent on fire. Death Eaters begin shooting spells everywhere and Ron pulls me along to find Harry and Hermione. I look around and suddenly see Harry gripping Mione's hand and rushing our way. I pull Ron to a stop and grip hands with Harry and the four of us apparating into the middle of a busy street.

We all press up against the fence as a bus passes by and we look at each other, breathing heavily.

boom yet another one done, im on a rolllllll :) I hope this one's good! I love hearing from you all so please comment away! I don't think I'll be posting on saturday because it's an event I'm hosting, but I'll try and post twice tomorrow!

Word Count: 1110