Chapter 3

holy actual shit you guys i completely forgot this existed and i just saw my junk email and all of the notifs popped up. i wanna finish it so badly now that i remembered lmfao, the way im literally going to college next fall is actually wild bc i started this in middle school. i feel so bad that i left all of you hanging for so long but, im gonna attempt to finish all of this and the next before i leave for college (i always say that but yk how it is) anyway i hope you all enjoy!

Y/n

Hermione leads us through the busy sidewalk and Ron asks from behind me, "Where are we?" He slips his hand into mine and grips tightly as we walk along and she answers, "Shaftesbury Avenue. I used to come to the theatre here with Mum and Dad. I don't know why I thought of it, it just popped into my head."

She leads us into an alleyway and tells us we need to change while rummaging through a small bag in her hand. Reaching in, she pulls out a change of clothes for all of us, telling us that she used an undetectable extension charm for the bag.

Once we've changed, we head over to an empty café and take our seats by the window, near the entrance. Harry leans over the table across Ron and I, attempting to keep his voice low, "What about all the people at the wedding? Do you think we should go back?"

I rest one of my elbows on the table and lean towards him, replying, "They were after you, Harry. If we went back, we'd put everyone else in danger." Footsteps can be hears from behind, approaching us was a waitress of the café just as Ron and Hermione agree with me. 

She clears her throat and asks, "Coffee?" I shake my head no, then she asks Hermione, who orders a cappuccino, the other two follow her lead and order the same not knowing what it even is. The waitress returns to her music and walks away, letting us continue. "Where do we go from here? Leaky Cauldron?" Ron asks, looking between Harry and Hermione for an answer. 

"No way, too dangerous. If Voldemort really has taken over the Ministry, then none of the old places are safe. Everyone from the wedding will have gone underground, into hiding." Hermione explains, fiddling with her jacket sleeves under the table. Harry puts his hand on the table, saying, "God, my rucksack with all my things. I've left it at the Burrow--" He gets interrupted by the café bell ringing as two people walk in, heading to the counter. I pay them no mind as Hermione tells us that she's had the essentials ready and packed for an occasion such as one we've found ourselves in. 

Just as Ron begins to complain about how his pants aren't the most comfortable, Harry yells at us to get down. We fly out of our chairs and onto the floor, Harry casts Stupefy at the two men, being the only one of us 4 standing. The two men make their way behind the cashier counter and duck down. I whip out my wand and get down behind one of the flipped tables, glancing back at Ron from across the room. He glanced my way before we both shot a spell at one of the men who stood up behind the counter. 

I hit the ground quickly again, and look up, seeing Hermione standing and waiting for one of them to show face. When he does, she hits him with Petrificus Totalus rendering him now useless. I use a chair as leverage to stand, seeing the others aren't injured at all. I hear the back door swing open and my head swiftly turns to see it was the girl from earlier, looking around wide eyed and worried. 

"Go," I tell her, "Leave!" She trembles before quickly making her way back into the room, presumably leaving. "Lock the door. Get the lights." Harry orders, walking over to the men behind the counter.

Ron pulls out the deluminator, absorbing all the light in the room and Hermione gets all the blinds as I walk behind Harry carefully going towards the counter. He stops, "This one's named Rowle. He was on the astronomy tower the night Snape killed Dumbledore."

Ron steps by me, hovering over the other one with a scowl, "This is Dolohov. Recognized him from the wanted posters." He looks back at us, before continuing, "So what're we gonna do with you, eh? Kill us if it was turned 'round, wouldn't ya?" Harry cuts him off sternly, "If we kill them, they'll know we were here."

I slowly approach as he's talking, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder blade, moving to lightly grab his arm, "Ron.." He whips around suddenly, looking down at me fiercely, "Suppose he did Mad-Eye. How would you feel then?" 

I look up at him, my eyebrows furrowed in utter shock then Harry suggests we wipe their memories. "You're the boss. Hermione.." Ron turns and takes my hand to pull me out of her way. She stalks her way into the small corridor,  taking a minute to calm her shaking hand, then casts Obliviate on the one named Dolohov. 

Once that was over, we quickly fled the café and walked down one of the emptier streets, Harry immediately asks, "How is it they knew we were there?" Hermione walking quickly to catch up with him reminds him, "Maybe you still have the trace on you?"

Ron pokes his head in, "Can't be, Trace breaks at 17. It's Wizarding Law." We walk in silence for a bit until Hermione gasps and stops, causing us all to jump. "What?" Harry asks, taking her hand and leading her forward. 

"We.. We didn't celebrate your birthday, Harry.." Hermione looks down at their joined hands, holding a bit tighter as they walk, "Ginny, Y/n, and I.. We prepared a cake, we were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding.." My hand flies up to my mouth, realizing that I had completely forgotten about that before this disaster of a night ensued. 

"Look, Hermione, honestly, I really appreciate the thought, but given the fact that we were almost killed by a couple of Death Eaters a few minutes ago.." Harry clasps her hand in between both of his and looks at her solemnly. "Right, sorry. Just perspective." Hermione nods and her shoulders drop slightly. 

Ron wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk and says, "We need to get off the streets, get somewhere safe."

***

Approaching 12 Grimmauld Place was definitely a sigh of relief for the four of us. The building split open, revealing itself and we take careful steps inside, not having been there since Sirius last was. I squint, seeing something forming at the end of the hallway, watching it speed towards us, forming into what looked like Dumbledore's ghost. 

Hermione and I screamed as the figure sped closer with its arm out, I felt myself collide with Ron, who attempted to pull me aside as I jumped back pulling my arms in front of my face. Harry pushed Hermione behind him just as the figure poofed away into thin air. 

I dropped my arms as heavy breathing from all four of us erupted. "What was that all about?!" Ron exclaims, still blocking me from the hall. "Hermione grabs Harry's shoulder, peering into the hallway, "Probably Mad-Eye's idea, in case Snape decided to come snooping."

A bang can be heard from further into the house, and I see Hermione push by Harry to get ahead of everyone, "Homenum Revelio." We all wait a moment, but nothing happens. Hermione glances at us, "We're alone." 

HEY EVERYONEE omg im so glad to be back, its actually crazy how im a senior in high school and i started writing this in 6th grade and im still not fkn done 😭 oh well, here i am, i remembered ab this and i was like omg i wanna go back 🙏 anyway, i also kinda wanted your opinion on smth cause like i went back and read one of the other stories and holy crap is Y/n so painfully shy, like i wanna make her a badass in this and the next/final book but idk if it would be like a weirdly fast transition from shy to suddenly hot and badass yk? so lmk what you all think if i should try to go back and make it make sense 🥹 either way, ima go back to the 5th one and see if i ever gave ron his scars bc thats one thing i always missed from the books when watching the movies and i really wanna incorporate that bc i feel like its important for him to experience it here too yk? (also makes him hot and sexy but thats besides the point 🥲) 

anyway thank you to all who stuck around and are here for the new chapters that will hopefully be coming out in due time but for now, this is all i got for you.

Word Count: 1332