Chapter 4

Enjoy!

Y/n

Gasping, my eyes flew open, hearing sounds of footsteps behind me, leaving the room. I looked around while sitting up, noticing Harry and Hermione gone. Hoping they were the ones to have been walking so loudly, I look down at my lap and see Ron still asleep there from the night before. Harry and Hermione had taken the only two couches so Ron and I found solace in front of the fireplace. The poor boy knocked out as soon as he laid on me, still heavily asleep now, hours later. 

I let my eyes wander his face, taking in his peaceful expression as he sleeps, knowing I'm gonna have to wake him up sooner or later. I caress his cheek with my thumb gently, then moving to his hair, lightly scratching at his neck and the back of his head. He doesn't move in the slightest, being the heavy sleeper that he is, making me pout in the slightest. I don't want to be the one to wake him, but I'm assuming if Harry's up, then we have to be as well, yeah?

"Ron..Wake up, love, c'mon.." I whispered while rubbing his shoulder, attempting to get some movement out of him. He stirs slightly, just enough to get comfortable and wrap an arm around my back. I smile at his coziness, in turn scratching up and down his back lightly, trying to get him to stir again, quietly speaking, "Ron, let's go, we've got stuff to do!" 

He inhales a bit and says, "What for?" His eyes remained closed, and it was clear he wasn't anywhere near awake yet. "To search the house, of course" I replied tapping him gently on the back. He shook his head and got more comfortable, causing me so giggle a bit. There's no way I was winning this one so, I just left him be and laid back down myself, attempting to fall asleep until hearing Hermione's voice from somewhere upstairs, "Harry, Ron, Y/n! I think I've found something!"

Finally getting Ron up, we groggily made our way up to the room Hermione called from. Regulus Arcturus Black,  the door reads. Opening it up, the room is in absolute disarray, "Bloody hell.." Ron pokes his head forward from behind me, resting his chin on the top of my head. Hermione turns to face us, pointing at the name on the door, "RAB."

Harry turns to race down the stairs, followed by Hermione. "Wait, where are we going?" I exclaim, quickly grabbing Ron to follow them. 

"The locket!" The two say in unison, already down a few flights, making their way into the kitchen swiftly. Ron and I make it to them before Harry began reading, so we took our seats across from him and Hermione as he begins reading, "'I know I will be dead long before you read this. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it.'"

"RAB is Sirius' brother?" Ron asks, leaning on the table curiously. Hermione nods, "Yes. Question is, did he actually destroy the real Horcrux?" We look between the four of us, and another clang can be heard from a small cabinet, just like last night. All of us turn to face it, slowly standing as to not spook anything in the cabinet.

Harry makes his way over to the cabinet door and turns the knob, pulling it open swiftly, snatching out a house elf and pulling him out to the center of the room, "You've been spying on us, have you?" Harry steps closer as the house elf cowers behind a desk in the middle of the room.

"Kreacher has been watching.." The house elf, Kreacher, places his hands on the edge of the desk, still hiding. Hermione gestures to Kreacher while looking over at Harry, "Maybe he knows where the real locket is?" Harry nods and turns to grab the fake one off the table, turning to the house elf and dangling it in front of him, "You ever seen this before?" Kreacher peeks across the table, staying silent, but Harry pushes it towards him, repeating menacingly, "Kreacher.." 

"Uh.. It's Master Regulus' locket." He finally responds, hiding behind his hands. Harry steps closer, getting quite angry with him, "But there were two, weren't there?" A beat of silence rings through the room. "Where's the other one?"