EP.02

RUNNING INTO TROUBLE
Chapter II

The strong feed off the weak and the smart feed off the strong.

That's how it works. I, am a person who has everything as most people would say.

I have the looks, the intelligence, and the talent. I live a life of luxury, with a doting older brother who happens to be one of the most well-known figures in Korea.

But no one in this world could truly have everything, there's always something missing. And the feeling of satisfaction upon having it, at last, will leave you contented, happy...

I have been looking for mine since long ago. 'Til this day, I have no idea where to begin.

"Jaeyeon, are you coming? We're going to play croquet."

I looked up from reading a philosophy book to see who was speaking to me. It was Aera, the daughter of a reclusive billionaire.

I smiled apologetically, "Sorry, I have fencing lessons this afternoon."

"Couldn't you cancel it?"

"Come on, we're going to see their mansion!"

The girls behind her made all sorts of speeches to pull me into tagging along. I resisted the urge to sigh.

"I'm really sorry but I promised coach that I would be there, and I have seen the mansion many times already anyways." I smiled awkwardly. That statement was basically a polite way of saying, 'I already have a strong connection with the person, contrary to your beliefs.'

They don't want me there because they like me, they want me there to be closer. It was for their family's own benefit, not to mention some of them have a crush on my brother.

"Alright, let's not bother Jaeyeon anymore. There can always be a next time." Aera smiled warmly at me.

I sometimes wonder, if this little lamb would survive in a den of wolves without tigers behind her back.

But, it isn't any of my business.

_

A black McLaren stopped in front of me, and as the window rolled down, it revealed the face of a senior.

"Jaeyeon, is your driver not here yet?" He asked with concern in his voice, usually, all students are picked up or have already left the school at this hour. I also have no idea about what was going on.

"There must've been a valid reason for the delay, please carry on, sunbae."

"It's getting late, I can give you a ride home if you want."

We were both taking piano lessons before, so we are close to a level that would make us friends, although not that tight. I have no other reason to refuse but...

"It's really fine, I'll just wait for a few more minutes." I shook my hands in front of me to convey my firm refusal.

"Alright, please be careful." He spoke and I watched as he drove away, until his car was out of sight.

I don't want another innocent person to be the subject of Daehyun's rage. That man is a war machine, and is an overprotective mule.

One time he chased someone with a revolver when he found out that he has a crush on me. Me and that poor boy was only eleven at the time.

Minutes later, I received a message from my driver saying that he has been involved in a car accident. The picture of the collision between our limousine and a Bugatti was attached.

He affirmed that he would fix the issue right away and that the police has already gotten involved so there's nothing he could do.

"I should've agreed to that ride..."

Knowing that it'd take too long for him or another limo to come and pick me up, I decided to walk and find the bus station.

The last time that I was on the bus was with my parents so it would be nice to experience it again.

-•-

"So... did you do that to those guys earlier?" Yu Dayun asked her older brother, still stunned at the display of earlier when he knocked out two guys.

"Yeah."

"I see..." It was strange to her since he does not seem like the type to pick fights.

"The thing is... in Korea, it is rude to stare at people like you did earlier. It will get you into uncomfortable situations like that.." Dayun informed.

"Meeting eyes with someone is risky where I'm from as well. Depending on the opponent, it can be dangerous," he shared.

"Really?" she looks at her brother with confusion and asked, "Then why did you stare like that earlier?"

Ijin remembers the expression of his sister a while back and responded, "Because it seemed like they were causing you trouble."

Dayun flushed and looks down at the ground much to Ijin's confusion, he asked himself if he has done something wrong.

In a distance, Dayun saw a silhouette upon looking up again. The more they got closer, the clearer the image appears.

"Ijin.."

Dayun grabbed her brother's arm, scared at what was happening in front of her.

There was a woman in a blue uniform, down on her knees, with a man pointing a broken glass bottle to her throat, his other hand was pulling down her hair so she'd look upwards.

"Not so high and mighty now, are you? This arrogant bitch." The man tugged on her hair more and the girl adjusted her position so that the sharp edges of the shattered bottle would not slice her neck.

It wasn't just the two of them. They were surrounded by a huge crowd who were shouting and whistling. Must be thugs.

The blue uniform that she was wearing was torn, and there were bruises on her face and legs.

Based on her current state, she must have been hit not only by one person.

"Isn't that the uniform of Ying De?" While she was confused as to why a student of that school was there, she did not notice that her brother was not by her side anymore.

She only realized that when she saw him throw the first punch.