Chapter 021

[The photos used are not mine; credits to their respective owners🥺]

>>>Scheduled<<<

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye," Yuna hummed as she read off the page of the book in her hand, The Little Prince.

She adjusted her glasses before glancing toward Kai, who had asked to eat lunch together. Again. The weather hadn't cleared up, it was still cold and there were still days where you could see your own breath.

Therefore, the duo had camped out in the library after Kai had quickly ushered Yuna to stuff a whole rice ball into her face before they walked in as if everything was normal, acting like no one could see them not-so-sneakily swallow the remaining of their food.

Yuna frowned slightly seeing Kai's eyes glued to the screen of his phone, his fingers furiously tapping away as his focus was solely on the game he was playing.

"Ow!" Kai winced when Yuna hit him on the head with the book in her hand, a satisfied look on her face after she hit him. His outburst was met with a chorus of shushes and a withering glare from the librarian who must've been a century old.

"What was that for?" Kai mumbled as he looked at Yuna for some sort of explanation about what she had just done to him. Yuna shrugged before passing him the book from the top of the stack that was next to Yuna.

"Um, no thanks," Kai released a breathy chuckle before his eyes drifted back to his game. A sigh escaped the girl's lips before she lowered her book slightly, inching her face closer to see what was happening on Kai's screen.

Yuna squinted her eyes trying to read the storyline that was a blur for her poor eyesight. Whenever she finished half the passage, Kai had already moved on and continued with the next passage.

"Do you want me to tell you what's happening?" Kai laughs as quietly as he can when he realized that Yuna was looking over his shoulder, her eyes squinted as she tried to focus on the passage.

Yuna flinches with a start when she realizes that she's been found out by Kai, who looks ready to tease her. Immediately, her cheeks turn beetroot red in return before she quickly averts her eyes, busying herself with the book in her hand.

"This boy has known this girl for a while, but not personally. She was the talk of the school because she was known to be one of the most breathtakingly beautiful.

They met coincidentally one day, when he walked in on her crying. He didn't know what to do and it felt awkward, but he felt like the right thing to do was stay. And he did.

Now, they're friends but what the other doesn't know is that they've caught feelings for each other. The girl's in a dilemma; does she want to confess or keep quiet because she'd rather they stay friends if it goes wrong."

Yuna's eyes flicker downwards hearing the low hum of Kai's voice, soothingly and patiently explaining the storyline to feed Yuna's curiosity. Her heart beats unusually fast for such a cliche storyline.

"I thought you were playing a battle game. How does the storyline even connect?" Yuna mumbled to hide her jittery feelings. It was unfamiliar, and she dislikes it so much that she needs to distract herself from it.

She looks over to Kai when he doesn't answer, seeing a look of embarrassment in his eyes, as if telling her "don't ask.". Yuna stops prying before she returns to the book.

She's staring at the same words again and again but she occasionally flips the page to make sure Kai thinks she's occupied. A look of discomfort flashes on Yuna's face as she slowly moves her hand to rub her heart which did not seem to calm down.

She makes sure Kai hadn't noticed before returning to the book, well not entirely. She's still using the same strategy of flipping the page after some time as she tries to sort out her jumbled thoughts.

The first reason her mind had come up with was that she had suddenly fallen sick. An upset stomach, and a heart that was beating way too fast, and she could feel the incoming migraine with the mess in her mind. Was it the rice ball earlier?

"That's the bell, do you have any more classes?" Kai hummed as he turned off his phone to look at Yuna. He knitted his eyebrows together seeing the faraway look in Yuna before she jolts at the sound of his voice.

Yuna shakes her head limply before Kai waves goodbye since he has more classes he had to attend. Yuna sits and stares at the book for a while before realizing what she's doing, slamming the book shut as quietly as possible before putting it on the stack where she found it, and getting up.

She quickly exits the library, not only because of how weird she's feeling but also because she had promised her mother to take care of Jihun while she ran some errands for work.

The moment she reaches home, her heart had calmed somewhat and the uncomfortable feeling in her stomach had nearly gone away. She immediately walked to Jihun's room to make sure he was okay.

Hearing his tiny garbles from the crib made Yuna smile slightly before she closed the door behind her. She ran over to the crib, cooing at the small baby whose face seemed to light up at the familiar face of his sister.

He raised his hands as he fisted them, making noises as if he was demanding Yuna pick him up. Yuna happily complied, satisfied that someone was happy to have her home.

She wiped the drool that was dripping down from his mouth before resting his head on her chest, rubbing his back soothingly as she paced around the room, all thoughts emptied out as she enjoyed the peace and serenity of taking care of her calm brother.

Yuna walks toward her room before lying on the bed, Jihun on her stomach. It was a normal routine for the two of them, Yuna would talk about her day at school while Jihun would fall asleep or start getting distracted, depending on the time when she'd be back home.

It was nearly time for Jihun to fall asleep for his afternoon nap, so Yuna had fixed her voice to a soft and quiet, soothing tone that any baby could easily sleep to. She droned on and on as she continued to caress Jihun's head in hopes that he would go to sleep soon.

"Just now, I started feeling a bit weird during lunch, with Kai. He was playing this game and then he started to explain this weird storyline. And what was even weirder was how I felt afterward..."

Yuna drifted off when she was hit with a sudden realization. It made her nervous, excited, confused and basically any emotion she could have. Jihun, whose eyes were slowly closing, could basically care less.

Only after Jihun had fallen asleep, had the actual thought come to her mind. Her eyes widened as she put Jihun next to her, slowly clamping a hand to her mouth as she thought more about it.

Was she falling for Huening Kai?

-------------------

~Viky
🌸☕🎶