Prologue

"Shivani, Ansh, fatafat homework khattam karke books pack karo." Anika yelled from the hall while cleaning the dining table. The doorbell rang and Anika opened the door to find Shivaay at the doorstep. She had been expecting him and he was dot on time. She opened the door to let him in and greeted him with a polite smile, which he returned. He sat on the sofa and Anika got him a glass water. They sat in silence for couple minutes before a 10 year old came running through the halls. Shivaay got up from the sofa and on to his knees, arms wide open and a huge smile on his face.

"Papa!" Little Ansh screamed and launched himself into his father's awaiting arms. Shivaay hugged him tightly, grinning ear to ear.

"How's my little man?" Shivaay asked.

Superman!" Ansh replied amd held his hands up in the Superman pose. "Papa maine aapko bahot miss kiya. Aap last to last week kitne busy the."

"I'm so sorry Champ but we're gonna have a blast this weekend... Bina Shivi Didi ke." Shivaay whispered the last part, making Ansh giggle.

"Mere papa aur mera bhai mere bina plans bana rahe hain?!" A 14 year old came to hall and stood with her hands on her hips and a backpack on her shoulders.

"Aapko Samaira Didi ki birthday party mein jaana hain toh main kyoon bore hoon?" Ansh scrunched his nose and Shivani scrunched her harder.

Shivaay and Anika could only sigh at their children. They fought like cats and dogs but still loved each other to the moon and back.

"Shivani, make sure-"

"Text when I reach, text before sleeping, text if we go out anywhere, text in the morning and call 30 mins before leaving." Shivani chanted the instructions given to her. "I'll put it on our group chat, works?"

"But you're sure it's safe na? It's in a hotel after all. I still think-"

"Papa it's Sam's 14th birthday, I can't miss it. Besides usi ki mom ka hotel hain, she has the whole floor booked for us and poolside as well. And in case something happens, which I'm very sure it won't, I'll send an SOS." Shivani said firmly.

"...Fine. Call me when you need to be picked up tomorrow." Shivaay instructed.

"Waise toh main khud aa jaati but okay." Shivani replied.

"Bye Mumma!" Shivani and Ansh hugged Anika, the latter hugging them a little more tightly. Anika helped Ansh put on his backpack and they headed out with Shivaay.

Once the door closed, Anika let out a deep sigh. The house was suddenly so quiet that her sigh echoed. Though it was only 6 pm, she gad no other work so she went to her room and changed into her nightwear. She then went to the kitchen, prepared some of her favourite Murmura bhel, took a wine glass and a bottle of chilled, vintage red wine that she received as a gift.

She took the items to the couch and played some music channel on the television to cut through the silence. She then uncorked the bottle and poured it out in the glass. She had been saving the dark liquid that burned her throat it for an occasion like this. The day she detested the most and her kids were not home to make it a little better.

"Happy anniversary Anika." Anika made a toast to herself and gulped the contents in one go. She poured out another glass and leaned back into the sofa, losing herself in her thoughts.

Today marked 15 years of her wedding to Shivaay... And 7th of their divorce.

A/N: How was it 👀??

This is a new concept I'm trying to work on.

What are your thoughts?

Do share your reviews and suggestions