Jack O'Callahan (Team USA 1980)

Requested by zuccfromnorwegia and @mrspastrnak :) This one is going to be about Team USA playing Finland for the gold medal. Enjoy :)

First Person POV

I wanted to surprise Jack and show up before his big game to wish him luck. He thinks that I won't be able to make it due to school, but Rob McClanahan and Mike Eruzione helped me plan a flight and a way to surprise him.

"Y/N, how are you?" Mike asks as he and Rob pick me up from the airport.

"I'm doing great, how are you guys? Excited for the game tonight?" I ask and Rob shrugs.

"We're all pretty excited, your boyfriend is really stressed right now though. It's a good thing you're here; you can help calm him down."

"I hope so."

-----
We walk into the stadium, and I immediately begin looking for Jack. Mike tells me that he is probably in the locker room, so I check there first. I knock on the door lightly and I here a faint, "Come in." Opening the door slowly, I see Jack sitting in front of his stall. He looks up from his hands and there is no excitement on his face to see me.

"Surprise?" I say as more of a question than a statement. This was not the reaction I was expecting from him.

"Hey." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, and take a seat next to him.

"What's wrong? I thought you would be happy to see me." He sighs, annoyed.

"I have a lot more to worry about than you coming here to visit me." I can't help but feel offended by his words.

"I understand that you're stressed about this game. I know it's important, but that doesn't make it okay for you to talk to me like that." I say sternly.

He rolls his eyes, "If you understand, then why are you still in here bugging me? I need to focus."

"Fine jackass, I only came for you. I might as well just go home. Sorry I disturbed you." I tell him, angry tears filling my eyes.

"Whatever, I don't need you here anyways." I stare at him in shock. I can't believe he is treating me like this. Before I know what I'm doing, I slap his face hard and rush out of the locker room. On my way out, I run into Rob.

He notices that I'm on the verge of crying and asks, "What's wrong?" Before I can even explain, the tears spill from my eyes, and I cry into his shoulder.

"Jack and I just got into a fight. He told me he doesn't even want me here. I think I'm just going to find a flight back home." I tell him, still crying.

"What? No don't do that. Please just stay for the game. You don't have to talk to him afterwards, but you can't miss this. It's a big deal." He begs, and I sigh in defeat. As much as I'm pissed off at Jack, Rob is right. The U.S. has a chance to win the gold medal tonight. I need to stay.

"Okay, I'll stay and watch the game. Good luck tonight." I wipe away some of my tears, and Rob smiles at me.

"Thanks. I'm sure you guys'll work it out." He gives me a comforting pat on the shoulder and heads into the locker room.

------
It's the final minutes of the game and it's obvious that the U.S. will win with a score of 4-2 against Finland. We give our boys a standing ovation as the final buzzer goes off. The U.S. has won the gold!

I watch as the team skates out to the ice, jumping and tackling each other. I watch the celebration with tears in my eyes. Happy tears. I'm so proud that they made it so far. Beating the the Soviet Union boosted their confidence big time. I watch as Jim Craig wears the American flag over his shoulders and scans the crowd. He spots me and smiles, waving me down to the ice. I hesitate before making my way to him.

I step onto the ice, and Jim skates over to me, and helps me to center ice.

"Congratulations. You were on fire tonight!" I exclaim over the cheers of the crowd.

He grins widely, "Thanks! I know someone else that would really like to hear that from you tonight." He tells me then nods his head to the left. I turn to see who he is talking about, and I find Jack. I'm surprised to see that he is already looking directly at me. He skates to us, and I become anxious. My feelings are still hurt from earlier. Jim gives me a look, and skates away to celebrate more.

"Congratulations." I tell Jack and he pulls me into a hug.

"I'm so glad you stayed. I didn't mean what I said about not needing you. I do need you. I do." He whispers into my ear and a small smile forms on my mouth.

"It's okay, I understand." He pulls away so he can look at me.

"No it's not okay. I shouldn't have treated the girl I love like that. You're special to me. There's no excuse for being a jerk to you. I'm sorry." He says.

"I love you too. Now can we end this? I want to celebrate with you. You just won the gold!" I exclaim and he chuckles.

"I can think of a few ways to celebrate." He smirks, and pulls me in for a passionate kiss there on center ice at Lake Placid.

A/N
The pic I used is of the actor who played Jack O'Callahan in the movie Miracle not the real Jack. I just think he's super attractive so yeah haha