Chris Kreider (New York Rangers)

Requested by Rangers14 :)

First person POV

I knock on my best friend's door with excitement. My boyfriend Sean is busy today (like most days), so I decided to visit Chris. It's been awhile since we've hung out, and I could really use some Chris time right now. He opens the door a few moments later with a huge grin on his face.

"Hey, Y/N." He says as he pulls me in for a hug.

"Hey, how are you?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I'm doing alright. Come in." He opens the door wider and I follow him inside.

"How do you like the new place?" I question as I glance around the entryway.

"I love it. Do you want a tour?" He asks and I nod eagerly. Chris guides me through the kitchen, dining room, living room, and eventually upstairs.

"Is this your bedroom?" I ask and begin opening the door.

"Yeah, but it's not-" He starts to say but is interrupted by my laughter. I glance around at his pink walls covered in flowers and laugh harder.

"I didn't take you for a guy who loves pink." I tease and he blushes a little.

"I was gonna say it's not finished. I'm getting it repainted. The previous owner was an elderly widow who had a taste for... pink." He explains nervously and I nod my head in understanding.

"I'm still gonna tease you about this, you know." I inform him and he sighs out in defeat.

"Well, then I guess I'm just gonna have to do this." He says as he wiggles his fingers. I realize what he is about to do and begin running away before he can tickle me.

I make it as far as his bed before he catches me and begins tickling my sides. He is straddling me and tickling at full force. I can barely catch my breath because I am laughing so hard.

"If you say you won't tease me about this, I'll stop tickling you." He reasons and I nod my head quickly, unable to speak over my laughter. He gets off of me and we lay next to each other, panting.

"I forgot how good you are at that." I say with a chuckle. Chris doesn't respond, so I look over to see that he is just staring at me. I wave a hand in front of his eyes and he seems to come out of his daze.

"Good at what?" He finally asks.

"Making me laugh." I reply simply and he grins.

"Well we're best friends, I would hope I'm good at that." He chuckles. My heart flutters a little and I glance at his lips quickly before looking up at his eyes. What am I doing? I have a boyfriend, (a neglectful one at that) I shouldn't be thinking of Chris this way.

"Sean doesn't make me laugh like you do." I tell him quietly, and his grin disappears.

"Um, how are you two doing?" He asks, then clears his throat awkwardly. I shrug my shoulders.

"Eh, we're okay." I shrug.

"Just okay?" He asks and I can tell he's a bit smug about it.

"I know you don't like him, but do you really have to rub it in?" I ask and his smug look disappears.

"I'm sorry." He says quietly. I shrug in response. My heart flutters once again as he stares into my eyes.

"I should go." I say, afraid if I stay any longer I'll do something I'll regret. I quickly rush out of the room and to the front door.

"Y/N, wait!" Chris calls as he catches up to me. As I open the door, he places his hand on it and closes it before I can leave. I turn around to face him, my back against the door. He leans over me and I see his eyes flicker to my lips.

"What." I whisper.

"Don't go." He says quietly.

"I have to." I reply, not able to meet his eyes.

He sighs in defeat, "Then before you go can I say something?"

"Of course."

"I love you." He tells me, and I finally manage to look him in the eyes.

"What?"

"I love you, and I can't stand seeing you go back to a guy who doesn't feel half as much love for you as I do." There's a familiar flutter in my heart, and I can't deny my feelings anymore.

"I love you too." I tell him, breathing out in relief. He places a soft kiss on my lips and I see fireworks.

"I've been waiting a long time to do that." He says as he pulls away.

"Then why did you stop?" I tease and pull him in for another kiss.