oh no - the team

summary: it always happens to you

———

It was a hard case, really, but you'd never imagine it ending it like this.

There was a group of unsubs who have been killing people for fun. Killing because it gives them adrenaline. Brings them joy.

You can never imagine how someone could like that, killing someone. Taking the life of a person, so you can have fun and laugh about it.

The team and you were close to finishing the case, you almost had them.

"Where could they be next?" you asked out loud.

"Well looking at it, they like to kill people who are fairly normal, meaing working an 9 to 5 job, kids at home, which means they most likely search their victims in areas like supermarkets or crowded places." Reid answers.

"So.." Derek wanted to begin, but was interrupted by a police officer, "I'm sorry, but the unsubs have been seen. They are standing in a crowded place with their guns drawn."

Hotch looked at all of you, "Okay, let's go."

The drive wasn't long, but still. They could kill a person right now. And why have they changed their M.O? Why do they do this now?

When you got to the place, you saw about 20 people standing in a line and the three unsubs in front of them.

You all walked with your guns drawn. Emily talked with them, it went okay, they wanted to let the hostages go, until suddenly one of them shot a woman in the leg.

From that moment on it was a blur, it happened so fast. Shots were fired in every direction.

With all three of the unsubs on the ground, dead, and luckily not more people hurt, it had a quit good end.

Well, for you not so much. You could feel something. Something was in your stomach and it hurt really bad. When you touched it and took your hand away, you saw red.

The team turned around when they heard a thud. They saw you lying on the ground, a large pool of blood beneath you.

Hotch was the first one to come out of shock and run to your side. The others came while screaming for a medic.

"Hey Y/N, stay with me." you heard a desperate voice say - Hotch.

You opened your eyes, but there was something in your mouth, it tasted very metallic.

Oh no, you thought, why is it always me?

You felt someone pressing a hand on your stomach and looked to your left. JJ was there, a shocked look on her face, "Come on Y/N, stay with us. Don't close your eyes."

Well it's easier said than done and in one moment you just see darkness.

You think you are dead, like really, your whole body hurts so much. You hear voices and open your eyes.

"Guys, look who's awake." you hear Derek say.

You smile at them, "Hey, guys." JJ and Penelope come to you and give you a hug.

After a little talk, talking about your health, when you would be released and statistics from Reid, it was time for them to go.

"Now, if I get shot one more time, I'm retiring." you say, but with a chuckle, so they know you aren't serious.

"Don't worry, we will make sure you will be safe." Emily responds to you.