A few dreams later PT 2

Dream's POV

"Well maybe we could start by knowing what is causing this "lost in your mind" by knowing what are you doing at the moment."
I'm NOT... doing... anything. I HAVEN'T... been doing anything... for the past 100 years.

"I..." was all I could mutter. "I..." i tried again but not a sound would come out. The girl was looking at me... not saying a word, she was giving me time to... speak... She looked like she felt my struggle, like she new the pain of not be able to put a sentence together.

"It's okay we don't need to talk about it, it's not like I've told you why I fancy dreaming more than real life" she said with a hint of sadness in her voice, though her intention was to cheer me up.

Y/N POV

Why did I just say that? Everything that comes out of my mouth is a 'why did I just say that'.
"The important thing is that we agree on what this is: a place created by your mind to, excuse my bluntness, escape reality."

Dream's POV

I'm... I don't even know what to feel in this moment
I don't want to admit that she is right. Me, Who is greater that gods, getting sympathy... from a human. I guess I was looking at her harshly again because she stopped looking into my eyes. Thought the next words she said shocked me even more.

Y/N POV

This is his state of mind, he who is a god, must be going through a lot. This place shows "Complete and utter emptiness, it's actually pretty sad."
It came out as more of a whisper but I'm sure he heard it. I probably should have kept that to myself.
I think I'm shattering this man's, well god's, coping mechanism. Than everything fell into silence again.

Dream's POV

I don't know how long I was just sitting there in complete silence one again.
Partially I was trying to figure out who she was and how was she getting me to talk in the first place.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to say it, it wasn't a nice thing to say" Y/N kept apologising.
"It's fine" you are right, you just made a correct observation, it was sad indeed.

"Have you experienced anything like this?" I saw that she was thinking.
"Not quite" Elaborate. She looked like she knew what I was thinking. "I have on rare occasions dreamt of friends... which felt a bit to real, but I never had the confirmation that they also dreamt of me." She was again deep in her thoughts, then she looked like she realised something. "When that happens they are all feeling extreme distress." She paused, I know I wouldn't like what she was about to say next. "Are you feeling that way too?"

I have been feeling like this for the past decades, you never should up before so I doubt it.
"I'm sorry to hear that Morpheus."
Did I actually just say that out loud?
"And I believe I do have an explanation for this"
An explanation?
"Do you happen to live in London?" How does she know that?
"How do you know that?" "I... well I'm on vacation in London... and as you said you have been feeling this way for a long time... and I've been able to do... this, whatever this may be, for a long time too"
Could she..? No...But what if...
"Do you believe that distance was the problem?" I said.
"Perhaps? I've had a sort of power over dreams for years now"
So could she actually be a dream-walker? A dream-walker at an early stage that is, she doesn't seem to know much about her powers.
Many may confuse a dream-walker with a vortex but those have many differences. A vortex is way more dangerous and could actually end the Dreaming, it has, if it wants, a 'complete' control over any dream. A dream-walker is fully aware that they are dreaming and have a high control over what they dream, they can also enter other people dreams if they are drawn to them by deep emotions.
"What are you thinking about?" She said with a lovely voice. Wander and amusement was in her eyes.
"Why are you so eager to find out?" I said wile adjusting my body to face hers. The corners of my mouth went up a bit for a split second before returning to my normal expression
"Well..." her eyes shifted to the floor. She blushed a little. "Well you have been staring at me, intensely, with wonder for te past minutes." I probably have, it's a habit of mine.
"Not to mention that this is really fascinating."
I could say the same, to some levels, I haven't encountered a single dream-walker In the past 300/400 years. "I believe..." should I tell her? Why am I trusting her? For all I know she could be working for Adam.
*TUD* a soft but audible sound made his way in my head. Someone came down to see me, I have to leave this place. But can I do it with her still here?

Y/N POV

I can't believe that we are actually having a conversation! He is so different from the first time I met him. I bet that the coat, something so simple, is the reason behind all of this. It seams like it is a serious problem for him, the fact that he was naked. A problem which he couldn't take care of himself.
"I believe I have to think about all of this" he said in a really serious tone, the same one he had at the start.
"Have I done something to upset you Morpheus?" I said while getting up a bit scared.
He did the same. He looked displeased, with me and with himself.
The atmosphere around us changed, as it did before
"This dream is over." He said and I woke up, a bit shaken by the situation. What happened? I looked at my phone, it was 7:34 am.
|
|
|
1026 words
Sorry for my long absence, I had lost interest in this series. But if the 2 people that read this want to keep reading it who am I to deny it to them.