Promise

Angst

Kochō Shinobu is taking a small break from missions for today. She went to a special spot, a valley with lots of flowers and a place that reminded her of her late sister, Kanae. At night, she goes there sometimes to relive from her stress. As she approaches the valley, she found herself with another person. She saw Tomioka Giyuu, the Water Hashira, lying down with a bunch of flowers around him. She went over to him and said,

"Tomioka-san! What a surprise! Don't you have a mission?"
"I already finished it an hour ago." He replied.

"Oh, you did?" Shinobu said, sitting down beside him.
"What are you even doing here?"

"...I came here to enjoy the view" The man replied.

"Is that so? I personally think instead of just lying here, you should be making friends! After all, no one likes you!" The small woman said to him, teasing him.

"...I am not disliked."

"Tomioka-san, don't you have anything else to say other than that? You always say that yet it's not true."

"..Tanjiro likes me..."

"Tanjiro doesn't count, he likes everyone."

"...Well, you like me...."

A small blush appeared on Shinobu's face. She said "No I don't! How can you even say that!"

"Kochō always talks to me.."

"Well, it's because you don't have any friends!" She said.
"Kochō likes me..?"

"No I don't Tomioka-san. No one likes you!!" A vein clearly seen on her forehead.

"Kochō is no one?"

"And no one likes Tomioka-san!!!" The girl said angrily.

"..."

Shinobu, realizing what she just said, blushed furiously, her face rivaling a tomato.

"..Well....I like you too. I enjoy your company.."

"W-well, I should stop talking to you then!!!" Her face
very red, she has never stuttered before.

"..Kochō?"

"Yes, Tomioka-san?"

"Promise me....you will stay alive after the final battle then..marry me."

She was surprised, but then smiled, softly. "Ok, Tomioka-san! I promise..."

"CAW!!! CAW!!! KOCHO SHINOBU IS DEAD!!!"

His heart was shattered into a million pieces. He thought he was gonna break down. After the final battle, he was finally relieved that the demon king was defeated, but inside, he was miserable. He looked around the battlefield, hoping he could see her alive. 'She promised, she promised me she will survive!!' He thought desperately.

'I hope.. to see you again...in the next life..'

Inspiration:

400 words