Under the Wisteria Tree

Dedicated to my best friend, who motivated me to actually make this book and whose birthday is today. Hope you have a good time reading this. 🫶🏻

It was a day like any other, but not quite. It was the day that Tomioka Giyuu finally gathered up the courage and decided to ask out the beautiful and graceful Insect Hashira, Kochō Shinobu. His palms were sweating, he was so nervous. He finally arrived at the Butterfly Estate and was greeted by Aoi, Shinobu's assistant.

"If you're looking for Shinobu-sama, she's in her room." was all the young girl said.

Giyuu went to her room and knocked on the door and moments later, the petite lady answered it. Her clothes were the same as always, only that she had her hair down.

"Hi Tomioka-san. Do you need anything?" His heart beated faster, his face turned red, but kept his cold expression.

"I-i..I uhhh.....would you like to...go on a date...with me..?"
"U-uhh...I would love to..!"

Giyuu stepped back, half shocked. He was expecting for her to teasingly reject him and shut the door on his face. He still had his cold expression, but there was a hint of shock in his eyes.

"..S-sure..I'll pick you up here later tonight...."
"Y-yeah...I'll just wait for you then.."
"See you later."
"See you."

After she closed the door, he ran out of the mansion, quickly reaching his house. His face was tomato-red from running so far and ( mostly ) blushing. 'Did she really say that..? I better get ready!' He thought to himself.

•~ Timeskip ~•

It was finally nighttime. Giyuu went back to the Butterfly Estate in his haori with a nice, fancy, dark blue and grey yukata underneath to impress her. He arrived in front of Shinobu's room once again, still very nervous.

He knocked on the door, and out came the petite lady in purple. She was wearing a violet and white kimono, with wisteria and cherry blossom petals decorated on the bottom of it. She still had her hair down and was wearing her haori.
'She looks mesmerizing...' Giyuu thought as his palms were sweating, his ears red.

"Y-you look...beautiful.."
"Thank you.... You also look good tonight.." She said as she smiled sweetly at him. He put his hand on his face, covering his nose to prevent blood from running down his face.
"Well then, lets get going.."
"Okay."

They walked together outside the mansion. A few minutes later, they arrived at a cliff with the most beautiful view Shinobu has ever seen. The cliff also had a few wisteria trees that slightly glow in the dark, starry night. It made the sight even more beautiful. Under a wisteria tree near the cliff, Shinobu saw a blanket laid out on the grass with a basket.

"Hope you haven't had dinner yet.." the tall man said upod arriving.

"Wow Tomioka-san...this is beautiful.." was all the pretty lady managed to say for she has never seen a sight so majestic.

They sat on the blanket and ate. After that, they lied down on the blanket to enjoy the view.

"Giyuu-kun..." Shinobu said to the Water Pillar beside her.
He was very flustered by the fact she called him by his first name but was even more flustered by her face, which was glowing underneath the moonlight.

"Y-yes...?" He answered.
"T-the moon is beautiful tonight...isn't it..?" She muttered. She was getting closer and closer, then she suddenly kissed him. He felt as if time had stopped, then decided to kiss back. The kiss wasn't full of hunger and lust, but was filled with love and care. Just as they pulled away, the sky was filled with comets and meteors that made the already starry sky glow even more than it already did. This night, was definitely a night to remember, a night under the wisteria tree.

634 words
Finally I made a slightly longer chapter 😭
Sorry I have not been able to post chapters like I did before,
I've been busy with exams 💀🥲
Btw just wanna say Happy Birthday ilikesmolthings , Ily bestie 😘🥺👉🏻👈🏻

I also wanted to mention this little typo I created while making this

💀💀💀

I'll try to brainstorm some ideas since it's holy week and we don't have class until next week, hopefully I'll get another chapter done during the free time I have.

Also just wanna say TYSM for all the reads and votes!! I actually got 5.1k reads 😭😭
This is my first story and I'm still not very experienced so I'm very excited by this!

I'm thinking about actually making another book about a Genshin ship that I recently have been OBSESSED with!

Once again, thank you all for the support I've been getting!
See you all in the next oneshot.
🫶🏻