Chapter 1: Displaced

Date: Unknown

Location: Unknown

Time: Unknown

"Sir theres a carrier directly off our port side!" A young officer in Montana's bridge announces.

Captain James Kent peers out the view port and sees the large carrier sailing in formation next to them.

The helm officer the speaks up. "Wait, that's the Midway! But I thought she was sunk in the Second Battle of Midway over a month ago!"

"She was... but there's no mistaking that forty-one on the island so I have no clue how it's possible that she's sailing with us." Captain James mutters.

Meanwhile onboard the Midway men are beginning to wake up. Many groan as they get to their feet and survey their surroundings.

"Where the heck are we? Wait, didn't the ship sink!?" Midway's executive officer exclaims.

Midway's Captain replies as he stands up. "The ship did sink so I have no idea how we're alive right now."

One of Midway's officers then observes. "Sir, there are two battleships sailing along side us. Hull identification is BB-67 and BB-66. It's the Montana and the Kentucky."

Another officer then notes. "Sir, the radar appears to be malfunctioning."

"Send someone to go fix it. Now get me a status report." Midway's captain orders.

A few moments later a massage comes over the radio on an open channel.

"This is the Captain of the USS Montana, is that you Joseph? And how the heck are you alive?!"

Joseph F Bolger reaches for the speaker to respond.

"It's me James. As for how we're not at the bottom of the ocean? I haven't a clue."

"Strange, y'all wouldn't happen to be experiencing malfunctions to your radar and electronics as well would you?"

"We are. Do you think it might have something to do with how we're alive right now?" Joseph asks.

"I do. I think something supernatural has occurred. We might even be in a new world for all I know. What I do know is that somehow we've changed direction without changing course."

"James, how long has it been since we sank? Did we win? And were we able to save the Midway island base?"

Captain James informs Captain Joseph on what has happened over the past month. Meanwhile two men on USS Montana's control tower keep watch and occasionally check the fog that reduces their visibility surrounding the fleet.

"So, wanna hear a joke? We got nothing better to do." One of the sailors suggests.

"No, unless it's actually funny." The second sailor answers as he tries to find the horizon through the fog with his binoculars.

"How do you make holy water?"

"Don't know, how do you make it?"

"You boil the hell out of it!"

The second sailor silently laughs. "I admit, that was pretty decent but anyways we need to focus."

A few minutes go by before the second sailor barely spots two shadows in the distance through the fog. With the radar still under repairs it was up to him to verify if that shadow was actually a ship or just his imagination playing tricks on him. Quickly the sailor grabs the signal light and uses Morse Code to communicate with the sailors on USS Kentucky's control tower. The sailors on Kentucky's control tower confirm that they can also just barely make out the shadows in the distance through the fog. Word is quickly pasted to both battleships captains about the possible contacts.