Chapter 8 - Embarrassment

The next morning started out fine.

And....then I got up.

So, I discovered that Youngmin got ready easily and smoothly, while Kwangmin was sort of a diva in the morning. And I had to learn that particular fact the hard way.

~

"Will you let me in? I've got to brush my teeth!" I screamed at the closed bathroom door. Kwangmin had been in there for over forty minutes, and I had yet to actually do any getting ready, which was not good considering the three of us had to be at school in like twenty minutes. "What are you even doing in there? You're acting like such a girl!"

"I have a pimple!" Kwangmin yelled back.

I rolled my eyes. I had never expected Kwangmin to be so sassy in the morning. And some might think it was cute, but to be honest, it was downright annoying.

The twins' room's door behind me opened and Youngmin walked out. He was already perfectly and pristinely dressed in his uniform—even his blonde hair was flawlessly combed. Completely the opposite of his twin.

He waltzed over, a big cheery smile on his face. "Morning!" he said. "Mind if I get in there? I need to brush my teeth."

I laughed sarcastically. "Uh yeah, so do I! But Kwangmin's being a princess right now."

Youngmin sighed. "Seriously? Again?" Then he started pounding furiously on the bathroom door.

"I already tried that!"

Suddenly, the door swung open, and Kwangmin stood there giving Youngmin and I the scariest glare I had ever seen.

"What? Can't a guy get some privacy?"

"Look, kid, you're taking longer than I ever would and I'm an actual female. Please get with the program because Youngmin and I both have to brush our teeth. Okay?"

Kwangmin scowled and pushed past me, purposely shoving my shoulder as he stalked back into his room and slammed the door.

"Geez! What an attitude. It's like he's a totally different person!" I exclaimed. 

Youngmin nodded. "Yep. That's the Kwangmin nobody should ever have to see. The Morning Kwangmin."

Somehow, I ended up surviving that little setback and actually making it to school on time.

When we got to our first class, we were all introduced to a new student that had just joined the school that morning named Lee Jooheon.

"Everyone, please kindly welcome our new student, Lee Jooheon," the teacher, Mr. Jeon, said. "Also, Jooheon, if you don't mind, please introduce yourself."

Then the Jooheon kid went up to the front of the class and said, "Hi everyone, I'm Jooheon. I'm a rapper. In fact, I'm currently a trainee at Starship to be in a new group called—"

"Ugh, no one cares!" someone beside me exclaimed. It took me a moment to realize that it was actually Kwangmin. And then I tried to suppress my giggles at his random outburst.

Youngmin turned around in his chair and whispered to me, "Looks like Sassy Kwangmin has not left the building yet."

I smiled and then turned my attention back to the guy at the front.

"Anyway," he continued, trying his best to ignore Kwangmin. "I may not come often, just because of my extremely hectic schedule, but like....it's nice to meet you all. I hope we can be friends."