Chapter 16

"Let's Go! Before I Change My Mind." My Dad Said. We All Ran Downstairs And Followed Our Folks Out The Door. It Was Around 8pm And We Were Going To The Christmas Light Parade.

"Hopefully They Have Something New This Year." I Said.

"Who Knows. We'll Find Out In A Bit." Mom Said.

"Do You Think Santa Will Be There?" Aleeyah Asked.

"He Bet Not Be There! He Needa Be Delievering Our Presents! I Need The New Call Of Duty Game!" Xavier Said. Aleeyah Rolled Her Eyes.

"Just Because You Asked For A Stupid Game, Doesn't Mean You're Going To Get It!" She Said. Damn! Aleeyah, Who Is Usually The Quiet One, Is Getting Very Sassy! I Love It!

"And Just Because You Asked For Stupid Dolls Doesn't Mean You're Going To Get It So Shut Up!" He Said.

"Make Me Shut Up!" She Snapped.

"Chill Out Back There! Or I'll Make Both Of You Shut Up." My Dad Said. The Car Stood Silent. I Giggled. Gotta Love Our Dad.

We Made It To The Parade And Quickly Found A Spot Where We Could See. It Was Freezing Outside And I'm So Glad Our Mom Convinced Us To Bring Blankets, Or I Would Have Died Of The Sharping Cold. The Parade Had Begun And It Was Awesome. Aleeyah Squealed When She Saw Santa.

"I Told You! Santa Is The Man!" She Said. Xavier Just Mugged Her.

"Whatever! I Know He Better Have My Game Under The Tree!" He Said.

"With Your Temper, You'll Be Lucky To Even Get A Pair Of Socks! You're Name Is At The TOP Of The Naughty List." I Joked. I Seen A Smile Come Across His Face.

"Shut Up!" He Said. We Finished Watching The Parade, And I Seen Somebody Familiar. Too Familiar. It Was Blondie. She Was Swapping Spit With Somebody, But I Couldn't Tell Who The Person Was. I Rolled My Eyes And Focused My Attention Back On The Parade. I Glanced Over Towards Them Again And This Time, I Got A Good Look At The Person She Was Swapping Spit With. It Was Preston! My Heart Literally Stop Beating As I Watched Them Cuddle. How Could He! It Was A Wrap! I Was Done With Him.

Once The Parade Was Over, I Quickly Made My Way To The Car. I Sent Preston A 2 Page Letter Telling Him I Was Done With Him And To NEVER Call Me Or Come By. Of Course He Didn't Reply, But I Know He Got My Text Cause I Saw Him Read It. Good Riddance!

When We Got Home, We Baked Cookies For "Santa" And Baked Some Extras For Us; Along With Hot Chocolate. Mom Turned The Tree Lights On And We All Sat Around The Tree, Laughing And Having A Good Time.

"Get On To Bed So Santa Can Come." My Mom Said. Aleeyah And Xavier Raced Up To There Room, While Me And Serenity Took Our Time; Laughing And Being Silly. Once In My Room, I Took A Quick Wash Up, And Put On My Pjs. I Made Sure I Unlocked My Door, And Made Sure My Window Was Locked. I Crawled Into Bed And Closed My Eyes. I Was Tired As Hell!

[An Hour Later]

I Heard That Familiar Knock On My Window, But Ignored It. I Knew It Was Preston And I Had Nothing More To Say To Him. He Knocked Again, Calling My Name, But I Continued To Ignore Him. He Then Banged On The Window, Causing Me To Jump. Don't Give In Kaidence. Don't. My Phone Then Began Vibrating.

"What!" I Snapped.

"You Hear Me Knocking At Your Damn Window!" He Said.

"I Told You NOT To Call Me Or Come By!" I Said.

"What Is Your Problem? I Got Your Christmas Present." He Said.

"Keep It. I Don't Want It. Better Yet.....Give It To Blondie!" I Snapped. The Phone Stood Silent.

"Nothing To Say? Cat Got Your Tongue?" I Said.

"Baby Listen..." He Began, But I Cut Him Off.

"Save It! I Saw You With Her! This Time, I Actually SEEN You Two With My Own Eyes! So Im Done. Go Be With Her!" I Said. I Hung Up And Closed My Eyes. Don't Cry. Don't Cry! He Knocked On My Window Again, And I Had Half A Mind To Go Push Him Off My Roof. He Tried Calling Me Again, But This Time I Ignored It. I Guess He Finally Got The Message, Cause He Finally Left, And I Finally Went To Sleep.

*Christmas Day*

"Kaidence! Wake Up! Its Christmas!" Aleeyah Said. Her, Serenity, And Xavier Were Jumping On My Bed. I Groaned.

"Okay. Im Up." I Said. I Stretched Out And Got Up. It Was 8am! Aw Hell Naw!

"Is Mom And Dad Up?" I Asked.

"No...We're Finna Go Wake Them Up." Serenity Said.

"Okay Go. Here I Come." I Said. They Hurried Out Of My Room, And Ran Into Our Parents Room. I Stretched, And Slowly Got Up. Ugh I Felt Dead. Something Caught My Eye As I Was About To Go Join My Other Siblings. It Was A Bag Sitting Outside My Window. Preston Must Have Left It Last Night. I Opened My Window And Grabbed The Bag. It Was Filled With God Knows What. I Sat On The Floor, And Began Looking Through The Bag. He Got Me Some Vanilla Scented Candles, A Shirt That Says "I Love My Boyfriend", A Hello Kitty Necklace With The Matching Earrings, My Favorite Perfume From Victoria Secret, Some See Through Underwear, And A Picture Book. Oh Wow. I Flipped Through The Picture Book And Saw All The Pics We Took Together. It Even Had My Favorite Picture Us From The First Home Game We Had At School. We Looked So Damn Cute Together! Especially With Me In My Cheerleading Uniform, And Him In His Football Uniform. We Looked So Happy And So In Love. A Single Tear Slid Down My Cheek And I Quickly Wiped It Away. Why The Hell Was I Crying?

"Kaidence." Serenity Said. "

Im Coming." I Said. I Pushed The Stuff Under My Bed And Headed Downstairs.

After We All Opened Up All Our Gifts, We Sat Down To Eat. Junior, Nathan, Uncle Dan, And Both My Grandmas Were Here And We Were All Having A Fun Family Time. My Phone Began To Vibrate, And It Was A Text From Preston Telling Me To Come Outside. I Snuck Away From The Family And Went Outside. It's About To Go Down.