vi. disappointment

"Congratulations to all I-LANDERs who survived until now," began The Voice after everyone gathered around the egg. "From now on, we'll reveal the fourth test of I-LAND.

Aeri could feel the nervous glances Heeseung threw in her way but she ignored them as the words 'THE FINAL THIRTEEN' appeared on the screen. "This test will decide the final 13 members," said The Voice, confirming everyone's suspicions.

"Only those 13 people will go on to the final competition to debut. This test won't take the original joint responsibility process. Through the choices of I-LANDERs, producers, and the votes of the world, we will determine the final 13 people who will be eligible to continue on the competition for the debut."

"The I-LANDERs who will be eliminated by this test will be 3 by the I-LANDERs' choice, and another 3 by the producer's choice. So, a total of 6 I-LANDERs will be eliminated. The 6 people who got eliminated, will have to wait on the global vote with the GROUNDERs."

"Then for the GROUNDERs, they can only survive by the global votes?" asked Jungwon, worried for them.

"From now on, we'll reveal the test song for the 'Final 13' test." Everyone made noises of awe when seeing the song they would be performing, all noticing how part 1 and 5 seemed the most important ones, making more than one interested by it.

"The thing is, this isn't a test where our team score determines the number of people disqualified so we should each focus on our strengths and do well."

"Well, I haven't been center yet, looking at the dance, it's the style I like," said K, making his interest known to the rest of the members.

"K spoke up about wanting to do part 1, but is there anyone else that wants to do it?" asked Seon, taking the others' wants into account.

No one spoke, knowing that K was probably the one that fit the part the most. Although Aeri had never had been part one since the beginning of the show, she did not raise her hand despite her wish to do it. Not only because she didn't want to take away K's chance to get it, but also because she couldn't help being scared that taking such an important position could backfire on her at one point or another.

"Then can those who want to do part 1 raise your hand?" asked Seon making both K and Kyungmin raise their hands. "If you think K hyung should do part 1 raise your hand." He received 9 votes, giving him the part.

As usual, she got the second part. The I-LANDERs even joked about her always wanting the same number and getting it no matter who else wanted it.

"You know that the international members have an advantage with the global voting?" remarked Jaebeom. "Fans from their countries will all be voting."

"I'm from a small country in Europe, I don't think anyone except from my family is watching me to be honest," joked Aeri. Belgium wasn't the smallest country but it was still significantly smaller than others. Not to mention the lack of fame k-pop had in the continent compared to Asia.

"I wonder if people from America will vote for me," said Jay after getting a hold of their conversation.

"The people in Australia... Probably won't vote," said Jake, feeling the same insecurities as her.

"But the way I see it, I have to survive. I don't think I'll make it with the popularity vote," admitted Jay. "So if I don't get recognized by the guys here and the producers, I won't make it."

"Exactly Jay, that's how we should think!" responded Aeri with an enormous amount of energy while she jumped around.

"That's her trying to make up for the fact that she comes from a tiny country with a total of ten people living in it," teased Jungwon on the other side of the room, making everyone--even her--laugh loudly.