xi. ENHYPEN

Getting into the yellow room felt weird, seeing as she hadn't changed rooms in a while. She did feel a little disappointed knowing that she wouldn't be spending her last moments in the best room of I-LAND but she was still here, and for that she felt thankful.

The next day, everyone felt curious since they'd all been called to the lobby, their discussion was interrupted by The Voice quickly after they sat down. "To the 10 I-LANDers, who survived until now, congratulations. From now on, to determine the final 8 debut members, we are going to reveal the final test of I-LAND."

"The final test is the last getaway to determine the final eight. Seven people will be chosen based on votes from the global viewers and one person will be chosen by the producers. Two people will be eliminated.

"Only the eight people who pass this test, can make their dream of debuting as global idols in 2020 come true. The final test you'll be presenting will be watched live by the world."

Adrenaline slowly started to fill Aeri's body as the news was being announced. They would be performing live. Like real idols.

The I-LANDers all started to clap in happiness when seeing that they'll be performing together and not on different teams like they usually did.

The song that they were going to sing, 'Run To You', talked about their journey in I-LAND. Hearing it felt weird : the end still felt so far when it wasn't the case. For more than three months, I-LAND had been their entire world, seeing it end felt more than strange.

"Now, we are going to start distributing the parts for the final test," said The Voice.

"Should we all share what part we want to do?" asked K.

"I think everybody's thinking that part 1 should be done by either K hyung, Heeseung hyung or Aeri noona," recommended Jungwon.

"That's the golden rule of I-LAND," one of the boys joked.

"I think they have to do part 1, 2 and 3," proposed Daniel. And so everyone agreed that Heeseung should get part 1, Aeri part 2 and K part 3.

When they finished distributing the parts in between the members, they all gathered in the group practice room, sitting in a circle. Sitting down felt weird to all of them since they weren't used to being such a small number of people.

They all decided to split every task and everyone became a leader of something. Heeseung was the vocal leader, Ni-Ki was the dance leader, Jay was the daily-life leader, and so on.

Their new method of practicing worked great. They were all having fun while still working on their performances. It felt like a good way to end things.

"It feels like you guys are just glossing over things," said Sung Deuk when the midpoint evaluation came. "You're not doing it powerfully, and the moves aren't exact."

"This is going to be a live show. You guys should have more tension," agreed Doobu.

"This is really the last test, and we don't know about the result. We'll only have eight people remaining in the end. The two who go home will regret it, thinking 'I should've shown more'. But that's going to be useless. I really want you to not forget that this is the final performance."

As the two directors prepared to leave, Jay stopped them, "We have something to deliver to you. Could you wait for just a second?"

"You are delivering something? What do you mean by that?" asked Doobu curiously.

When Jay left the room, everyone wore a smile on their face. He returned with two enormous papers in his hands.

"We all wrote messages for you," he said, giving the gifts to each of them.