𝟏.𝟎𝟓 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

Exhausted, that was the only thing Florence felt when she thought about the last few weeks

Exhausted, that was the only thing Florence felt when she thought about the last few weeks. Operations via operations. She didn't know if it was because it was getting colder and colder and the streets were slowly icing

She hung her head leaning in her hands and an crooked back over the table. She looked at the cup filled with coffee. She watched the steam slowly rise into the air. She put her hands around the cup and took a big sip.

Florence sighed with one with a small smile. She was over happy when the caffeine finally got into her bloodstream.

She noticed how the energy got into her body. She sighed again this time relieved that the coffee at least didn't let her down yet.

She just looked up when her younger sister came into the kitchen and went straight to the coffee machine.

The younger Grey turned to her sister and raised an eyebrow. "Should I force you to eat something again. Until you have eaten anything, I won't let you out of the house."

Florence scoffed. "Since when are you the older sister." But when Florence saw how serious her sister was, she rolled her eyes. "I've had coffee this should be enough for the next few hours."

"Florence," Meredith looked at her sister in an disapproving manner as she poured the coffee into her cup.

"I know..." Florence started. "But I will eat right after my surgery." Florence shrugged and sipped at her coffee.

"Okay...." Meredith muttered, still not happy with the solution but she nether less made her way back to her room.

Florence looked down and drowned the last bit of coffee. She then took the cup and placed into the sink.

Florence quickly threw her jacket on and walked out of her room then down the stairs where her sister was already waiting for her. 

"I'm ready." Florence muttered. Meredith nodded and took the car key ready to leave.

The two had an appointment with the nursing home where there mother was staying. The sisters were sitting at a table while one of the  caretakers informed the Grey's on what to do.

"The lawyer has been managing the estate with a limited power of attorney, but your mother's Alzheimer's is advancing. So, while she's still lucid enough to consent," the woman was speaking, but Meredith and Florence weren't even looking at her they were looking out of separate windows focusing on the leaves that moved in the air.

"—she needs to sign everything over to you." That made the sisters snap out of her trance they turned to look at the woman confused if they heard right.

"What?" Meredith asked the same time Florence asked. "Which one of us?"

The woman glanced at the sisters weirded out before she cleared her throat and began speaking again. "I think it would be smarter to have the older have the belongings and the bank accounts and others...so I we would be talking about Florence."