Three

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯"
[𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴]

"Yo Satoru, you doing okay?" Satoru jerked awake from his mistakenly fallen into slumber to come face to face with his best friend dressed in the normal attire he wore to class. Sporting a pair of light wash baggy jeans, a dark grey crew neck, a somewhat beaten up pair of tennis shoes and his over the ear headphones. "My bad, didn't mean to scare you." He yelled.

"No, don't worry about it, I shouldn't have fallen asleep anyways." Satoru shook his head tiredly, displacing the fluff of white hair atop his head that frizzed with the change of night and day temperatures. He took this opportunity of awakening to fix the way his clothes hugged his body and arms, now feeling under dressed with the state of his obviously refreshed friend.

"You missed class, the professor was asking about you." His voice echoed between the nearby statues of stone as he continued to talk in a higher volume than Satoru could grow accustomed to in his still half asleep state. "Even the girls were concerned."

"I've been here since yesterday, waiting for that stupid Higher division girl." The mention of her alone caused him to suck his teeth out of annoyance, something Suguru couldn't pick up from reading his lips alone.

"She never showed up? I was hoping to see her today..." His booming voice trailed lower to what was his normal volume, a magnitude he thought to be his whispering voice.

"Why do you wanna see that mongrel, she's an ignorant mess." Suguru reached out to gently nudge his friends shoulder, giving him the small hint that he shouldn't continue any slander of her absence further.

"Wait, you can hear me?!" The dark haired male raised his hands to grasp both of the audio muffs keeping him hostage to the sound of his music instead of the surrounding atmosphere.

Satoru simply rolled his eyes and nodded a small yes, "All of Japan can, at this rate." He watched with lidded eyes as Suguru pulled down his headphones, releasing a few stray strands of black hair as he pulled the head rest all the way past his low tied bun to rest around his neck. "I genuinely don't know how your ears still work listening to music that loud."

"Just because you're sensitive, doesn't mean everyone else is." He lowered his hands to clutch the straps of his backpack that perfectly sat as a mediator between his arms and torso. A breeze pushed past the two, sending the wrinkles of their clothes to wave against their bodies, while their wisps of hair followed the flow of the pushing atmosphere.

"Okay whatever, what are you doing here? There's no active missions at the moment..." Satoru glanced around the empty stone pathways, mentally hoping the girl he was expecting would be magically there, waiting behind his roommate with her beady eyes. "I mean, other than the interception of the Higher Ups princess, there isn't."

"I wasn't lying when I said I was hoping to see her, even if you weren't." Suguru shrugged his hands from his straps, to where they would now hang loosely at his sides. "Now, I think I'll go pay a visit to Shoko, she's back at the lab today looking at specimens for Yaga."

"Why are you so interested in her, I genuinely don't get the appeal." The dark haired male managed a small laugh at this, flashing just a small smile of his teeth while he reveled in small entrails of amusement in his friends lack of knowledge.

"It's not about appeal, Satoru, it's about history." He flashed a handsome smile across his lips while replacing his headphones above his reddened ears. "I'll catch you later though, hopefully next time you'll be with my girl and not out here still."