Four

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩"
[𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦]

   "Of course I remember you, but why are you here... How'd you find me? Why are you here now? Why not before? Where have you been?!" Yumiko's words were rushed, eager to break off the tip of her tongue as her inner dialogue echoed of tens upon hundreds of questions, some that she wasn't able to get out distinguishably.

   "Yumi, take a deep breath with me." Suguru spoke softly with the same peaceful state of mind that was perfectly knowledged in the art of isolating the two.

   "We should have super cool nicknames for each other so that way we will know if a curse is trying to trick us or not."

   "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard... but, if you had to choose what would my nickname be? And, don't make it something like boo bear."

   "Boo bear sounds nothing close to a pretty name like Yumiko, how about Yumi?"

   "Yumi?" 

   "A name only I could call you."

   Cutting out the third wheeled friend from their interaction completely, just so he could indulge in the delusioned daydream that it was only him and his past lover standing atop the earth, at the center of each others world. "Tell me what's on your mind, slowly this time."

   "Breathe Yumi, tell me what she did."

   "She... cut me. She said she would change and get better, but now she's only worse."

   "Why did she do that?"

   "Because she thinks I'm a monster and she's scared that I'll hurt her."

   "You're nothing close to a monster, just come here and let me hold you."

   "Please tell me this is all some silly dream and pinch me awake." She began to panic at the thought that she was somehow trapped within her own wicked mind, prisoner to the constant loop of her emotions mended with the overwhelming intensity of the previous minds she had once invaded. Her betraying mind was playing her as the joker, reaching into the depths of her memories and pulling them out to mentally belittle her where she stood. "You can't be here."

   "This isn't the reaction I expected, I mean after everything... I've only missed you." The arm still wrapped around her body smoothed across a wider surface of the fabric hiding the true feel of her skin, to selfishly pull her closer into what he could convince his yearning heart to be a hug. "Doesn't that count for something?"

   "Su, you're not allowed to leave me for that long, again."

   "But, it was only the first day of school. We have a whole school year ahead."

   "Why won't you just quit and stay at home with me all the time?"

   "Just yesterday you were pumping me up for the first day, what's changed?"

   "I-I just missed you so much, and I felt so lonely without you."

   "It's been so long, how can you still say that?" Her hands numbed from any sense of feeling, rose from their entrapment at her sides to glide up his chest protected by the fleece of his dark crewneck. Her dizzied mind screamed eager words of pushing him away, ripping the bells from her hair, and running to the ends of the Earth where no one would find her.