"IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!"

It was one week since Ling, LanFan, and May returned to Xing. It was also the first time that Ling had full control over his body ever since Greed took it over. So much was happening so fast; the biggest event coming soon was Ling's coronation. He was going to be crowned Emperor of Xing in just a few days, but Ling mainly focused on what was about to happen when he walked into a building; the local funeral home.

This was the day of Fu's funeral.

The first thing Ling saw when he walked in was LanFan, wearing a stunning black dress. She didn't have her mask on, but her hair was also down. For a moment, Ling's heart skipped a beat when he saw her. They both walked away from the entrance door and took a seat in the front row. This was an open casket funeral, so the first people to see Fu's lifeless body was LanFan's parents. They were weeping to their hearts content, while LanFan, on the other hand, was fighting back the tears.

The next people to see Fu's body was LanFan and Ling. They walked up to the coffin only to see the former bodyguard covered in roses. LanFan couldn't hold back her tears anymore.

"...it's all my fault..."

Ling turned to her with a look of confusion. "LanFan, did you say something-"

"IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!"

Her sudden outburst gathered the attention of many. LanFan, with tears streaming down her face, ran out of the building. "LanFan, wait!" Ling ran after his companion.

Ling slammed the entrance door open, looking for LanFan. He found her sitting on the front steps, sobbing her eyes out. He walked down the steps and sat down right next to her. "LanFan, it wasn't your fault. We both knew that certain sacrifices had to be made when we left for Amestris-"

Yes, but not this big of a sacrifice!" LanFan said angrily. "I did know sacrifices were going to be made for the trip, but I never would have guessed that I had to lose my own flesh and blood! I could have saved him...but I was too late." Her tears kept on flowing down her cheeks. Ling put his hand on her cheek, trying to wipe away his bodyguard's tears. He couldn't bare to see her like this. He then put his arm around LanFan and pulled her in for a hug.

"...I'm truly sorry about your loss...I really am."

LanFan became flustered at the sudden hug, which she returned gratefully. "I can't stand to see you like this." Ling said with sorrow. "I guess...I guess it's a common instinct to feel sad when the one you love is crying."

LanFan's eyes widened as she turned towards the prince, who was flustered and had his hand covering his mouth, realizing what he just said.

"LanFan, please tell me you didn't hear that."

"Young Lord, I-"

"It's perfectly fine if you don't feel the same way-"

"Y-young Lord-"

"I-I should really go back inside now-"

He was interrupted by the warmth of LanFan's lips pressed against his. Ling was shocked at first, but he closed his eyes and gave into the kiss. They both pulled away, gasping for breath. They looked at each other, and blushed. After what seemed hours of staring and blushing, Ling broke the silence.

"We should really go back inside now. Everyone's waiting for us." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Y-yeah...we should." LanFan said, still blushing.

They both stood up and walked up the steps, going back to the ceremony together, holding hands, knowing it's all going to be alright.

•••••••••••••••

Hi! :) I hope you enjoyed the story! If you are a die hard LingFan fan (like me) add this story to your library, maybe leave a comment as well! Did you like it? Was they're something else you were expecting? I hope you've enjoyed the story!

Bye-bye :) - Olivia (a.k.a @LingFan_Is_Bae_2015 ) ❤️