Lucario Revealed

Chapter 5

Downstairs, everything was calm.Connor went to see Mespirit, Dana’s mom was cooking and Aubrey was sitting on the couch, thinking about what made Dana storm off.

“Do you think what Connor said made her mad?” Aubrey asked Dana’s mom.

“It’s very possible. I can’t think of anything else that would make her storm off like that,” Dana’s mom answered her.

“I think I’m going to talk to her. I’ll let you know how it goes,” Aubrey said and started up the stairs. When she got to Dana’s bedroom door, she stopped and listened to what Dana was saying.

“So, yeah that’s the whole story. Now I’m really embarrassed about my feelings toward Riley. I think I should forget about him, besides I’m too young for him. He is really nice, I just don’t know what to do,” Dana said, “Thanks for getting me together, return,” Dana sent Lucario back in its Poke ball.

Aubrey knocked on the door. “Dana, can I come in?” Aubrey said.

“Yeah, I guess so,” Dana said from inside.

Aubrey opened the door. She didn’t see anything suspicious or anyone that Dana could be talking to. Aubrey sat down with Dana on her bed.

“Are you okay? Your mom and I are worried about you,” Aubrey told her.

“Yeah, I know,” Dana said.

“Yeah, and who were you talking to?” Aubrey asked.

Dana panicked. She had never told Aubrey that she had a Lucario. “You were eavesdropping on my conversation?” was all Dana could say.

“Well, I was going to see what you were up to, and I didn’t want to interrupt you with your Pokemon,”

“Well, I guess I can’t keep this a secret forever, I was going to tell you,” Dana was nervous.

“What secret? You can tell me,” Aubrey pleaded.

“I guess I have no choice. Come on out, boy,” Dana held a Poke ball. She was not happy to do this, and neither was Lucario.

Lucario came out of its Poke ball. It stared in shock at Aubrey. Lucario didn’t know who Aubrey was. He only knew Dana’s family.

“Lucario, you haven’t met Aubrey, have you,” Dana said.

Lucario shook his head. Who was this Aubrey person? Lucario thought.

“Aubrey is my friend, Lucario. I’ve been keeping the secret that I’ve had you. I’m sorry,” Dana apologized.

“You’ve had that Lucario all this time and didn’t tell me? That’s okay; at least it’s not this major thing that I was supposed to know. Wait a minute; if you have a Lucario, then we can go to Snowsharp! Come on, let’s go!” Aubrey rushed towards the door. Dana wasn’t following. “Dana, I thought you wanted to be an Aura Guardian.”

“I do, but that’s the problem. I can’t go,” Dana tried to explain.

“What are you trying to say?” Aubrey was as confused as ever.

“I really can’t let my Lucario go. He’s too special to me,” Dana said. Now Lucario was confused. Why did she like him so much?

“How is he more special than any other Lucario?” Aubrey wanted to know.

“Well, there are a lot of things I like about him. He listens to my problems and helps me to solve them, he’s really smart, he cares for me a lot, I’ve taught him how to come out of his Poke ball when I need him, and he’s awfully sweet,” Dana answered Aubrey’s question. Dana was looking at Lucario, now. He looked as calm as ever. He understood everything she said, “Come here,” Dana was still looking at Lucario. She smiled. Lucario came near. Dana threw her arms around him, “Thanks for all the times you cheered me up, Lucario.”

Lucario appreciated what she said and hugged her back. He liked being appreciated by what he did. You’re welcome, he thought. Dana smiled.

Aubrey looked as if a train ran straight through her. “Dana, you really let a Lucario help you? I’m your best friend,”

Lucario was angry now.

“Lucario, calm down, I’ll handle this, okay?” Dana said in a soothing voice. Lucario calmed down a little, but was still furious at Aubrey.

“He’s not just a Pokemon, he’s my friend,” Dana said, a little tense.

“Why, don’t you tell me about your problems? I’m your friend too!” Aubrey argued.

“I know that, but you’re not always around, so Lucario helps me,” Dana said tentatively. She did not like where this conversation was heading.

“Oh, so you choose that thing over me?! I’m always around!” Aubrey was escalating now.

“HE’S NOT A THING!” Dana yelled, “I can’t believe you would think that!” she was raging. Lucario put his paw on her shoulder, trying to pull her back. Dana tried to relax.

Aubrey backed off. “Sorry, Dana, I didn’t know you were that close to your Pokemon, I certainly am not close to my Pokemon,” Aubrey was serious now. She looked really sorry.

Dana collapsed on the bed. Lucario lay down next to her. He stroked her hair still trying to calm her down. She lifted her head to look at Lucario next to her.

“Why me?” Dana asked out of the blue. Lucario was staring at her. Then he did something extraordinary. He kissed Dana’s forehead, seeming that was the only other option. Dana smiled, surprised. Maybe they were more than friends. Dana tried not to think about it.

“Lucario,” Dana was blushing. Lucario just smiled.

Aubrey’s phone rang. She flipped it open, “Hello?” she said into the receiver. There was a murmur that Dana heard. “Oh, okay. I understand. Ok, Mom! I’ll be back over in a minute,” Aubrey said and closed her phone.

“My mom called. She wants me to come home, she missed me,” Aubrey said with a smile, “I’ll leave you two alone, okay?”

“Thanks, Aubrey, I need some time alone,” Dana said.

Aubrey said good bye to Dana and exited the room. Now Lucario and Dana were alone.

“Why did you do that?” Dana asked Lucario.

I thought it was the only way to calm you down, sorry. Are you mad? Lucario thought.

“Oh. No, I’m not mad. I thought it was sweet,” Dana responded to the telepathic message.

Good, I thought you would hate me forever. I know you like that Riley guy, but I like you more.

Dana laughed, “I would never hate you, Lucario. Riley just isn't as awesome as you, besides, I’m too young for him. And I like you too.”

Really?! I thought that I was just your friend. Lucario looked surprised.

“I thought that i was just your friend too.”

Well, then. Did you like my little surprise for you? Lucario smiled.

“I don’t know, maybe,” Dana looked unsure.

Lucario smiled at her. I knew you would. You are very special to me, you know. I wouldn’t let anything or anyone hurt you.

Dana was surprised by this, “I’m glad you feel that way.”

Lucario was still smiling and they continued to talk with each other.