PROLOGUE

For as long as he could remember, the former mercenary Arlys loved running through the trees and using the cover of the trees to take down any targets that he was paid to kill or bring to the person that had paid for his services.

There was nothing that he enjoyed more than doing just that, only for him to force himself to stop after one job had gone horribly wrong, which led to him eventually becoming a part of the Merry Men and gaining the trust of Robin and the others that traveled with him.

And despite just how much he seemed to enjoy going around and stealing from others just to give to those that weren't fortunate enough to have any riches of their own, there was not one part of Arlys that counted on him ever helping the Evil Queen with trying to push the Wicked Witch out of the Evil Queen's castle so that the Evil Queen– or Regina as some of her allies had called her– could take the castle back for not just herself but also for Snow White and Prince James.

Neither did he expect for the curse to be cast once more and for him to be dropped into the very town that Snow White and many others in the Enchanted Forest had spent twenty-eight years of their life living in prior to the curse being broken by the daughter of Snow White and Prince James– Emma Swan.

And unfortunately for Arlys, he would be forced to pick up his sword once more after realizing just how chaotic things would be in the town of Storybrooke and the fact that there was almost always some sort of trouble going on inside of the town.