MISSING OUT (CH 1)

It was the last stage at Japan Forum 8 Rally. Y/N was hunting Kalle Rovanpera who was 3 seconds ahead of him. Going flat out in the last couple of corners and he wins the stage but not enough to deny Rovanpera of the 2022 Championship. He immediately went back to service crew not talking to anyone.

Y/N Pov

I can't actually believe this. Me and Kalle was just 3 seconds apart. I have failed again this year. Last year Sebastian Ogier beat me by 15 points while me Kalle just beat me with 5 points in the standings. "I'm so sorry guys I couldn't give you guys the championship like we had in 2018." I said and looked down on my feet. "It's okay Y/N, we will come back stronger next year. There will be certain updates on our engines and gearbox. This year our gear box has long ratios on lower gears. We are fast on the straight but not on corners. That's how Toyota beat us." I looked at our team boss or team principal Cyril. Tears were now streaming down my face as they comfort me.

" Okay so Y/N I suggest that you go to Korea on our headquarters there. To make some suggestions on the updates of our Hyundai i20 for next year." he said. I just nodded my head and went off to the back of the garage. I went to our trailer and change out of my racing clothes. After that one of our team member drove me back to the hotel where we are staying. When I entered the hotel Ótt Tanak saw me and congratulated me for doing my best. He is may teammate in Hyundai but next year he will be back to Ford M-sport team.

"Hey Ótt next year we're not teammates anymore so I expect hard racing from you." I joked with him. "Don't worry mate I will surely be champion next year." he said. "Well, we shall see about it. Nice talking to you mate and Goodluck for next year." I said and bid him goodbye. I went to ride the elevator up to the floor of my room then entered the room.

I really hope that I could still fight for the championship next year. I went to get my towel and took a bath. I looked at the mirror and decided to shave my beard. Oh by the way I'm still 22 years old. I won my first two championships at 2018 and 2019 with Hyundai. If we are slow next year then I'll move somewhere else probably endurance racing or formula 1.

I'm thinking about what our boss said to me earlier. The one about going to Korea in the Hyundai factory. Well I think I should go. Not just to help the team but reset myself as well. I really need a break, I'm just so frustrated over that battle.

I picked up the phone and dialed our boss Cyril. "Hey Cyril I was thinking about the trip to Korea, I think I need it." I told him. "Well then I'll tell Antonio about that. He will be going with you along with Thiery." he said. "Okay just tell me the flight schedule and thank you." I said. "Okay Y/N have a great time." he said and dropped the call. OK now I just have to sleep and have a good rest so I can relax. I'll come back stronger and hungrier next year that's for sure.

Third Person Pov

Y/N decided to sleep and put all of the sadness behind him. Meanwhile on the other side of the world Le Serrafim was having their practice for their new single Anti-Fragile. Chaewon called for a 20 minute break just to drink some water. Yunjin immediately gets her phone and puts on her earphones and goes online. While surfing browsing Instagram she saw the news.

Breaking News
Hyundai Motorsports driver Y/N Santiago narrowly misses out on the World Rally Championship by 5 points. Toyota's Kalle Rovanpera has denied the Hyundai-man his third championship after 2018 and 2019.

Click for more info:

Out of curiosity Yunjin decided to click for more info and occupy herself. She was watching the last stage of the intense race against the time. Seeing Y/N was just a tenth of a second slower than the Toyota disappointment was clearly written on her face. She then yelled "That was so close what the hell" in Hangul of course, which led her four members to look at her.