A Good Sign (CH 6)

Author:
Hey guys I just want to thank you for the hundred reads. It means a lot to me so let's go for 1k reads in the next time. By the Hyundai has a strong package this year and it's drivers are all consistent. Toyota is having a bit of bad luck and Ford M-sport is on good hands with Tanak.

I hope to see Ford and Hyundai on the podium again next time out.

A,,,,

Y/N Pov

I woke up at 5 am this morning. I decided to brew myself some good coffee and toast some bread. There's still so many things to think of for our car that is an updated version of last year. I'm expecting a bit more speed and power output. Also I want a little bit more of mechanical grip and a little bit of luck for weekends to come.

I went inside the van first soon the other four followed through. I want to talk about how much or what they are expecting today.

"What do you guys expect for today?" I asked.

"Let's just have fun Y/N. I'm not expecting so much but I do want some improvements." said Thierry.

Then the other guys just agreed so I didn't push the limits of this conversation. I also agreed to have fun and enjoy this day for this day is a little bit tiring but I'm gonna see someone so I wish I could enjoy.

It was a 30 minute travel and we arrived at the location where we are gonna have the tests. There are 4 Hyundais ready for us to use. It was a bit weird looking at the car without any sponsors on it. After a while we were instructed to put on our race suit. Then my co-driver got the pace notes.

If your asking what the co-driver does. Well they are the ones telling us if a corner is coming up, how fast can we take the corners, what gear is suitable for a certain section. They also gives us warning about the trail, if there are rocks then we should take more precautions.

Just then I got in my car which have my surname and my race number. First two runs was a little slow cause I'm still trying to set a trail for the next run. Then I began to push along the 10km trail back and forth. Each run was getting a bit faster tenth by tenth of a second. My 10th run was enormous as I set my fastest lap. Then I cruised back to our repair and maintenance crew. Then my co-driver and I were discussing on how we can set improvements and improve my set up.

As we were getting in service I notice a black hyundai van already parked and some cameras filming. I decided to ignore it and directly went into service and had some talk with the team.

I was tasked to try out the new rear wing and the new updated engine. We were trying to fit the tyres as the team instructed us to gather around and announce that Le Sserafim is there and they are gonna shoot a variety show.

I ignored it at first until I got in the car and started the engine ready to go for a few more runs. I selected first gear and gently released the clutch with a bit of gas on my way out of service, just to avoid so much noise. Just then a few meter was our starting point I stretched out my shoulders and cracked my knuckles. It's a habit, me cracking my knucles.

I looked at the rear view mirrors I noticed the girls the five of them watching a few meters back. I got ready for the start, foot on the clutch 1st gear selected when the flag was raised I stepped on the gas creating a very good sound to my ears pumping up my adrenaline. As the flag fall I let go of the clutch then the car was off for a quick start. Going through the gears it felt nice and it has got me smiling. Five minutes after the start I felt my right rear not responding so I took a look back at the mirrors then I saw that I had a puncture.

"Guys puncture right rear tire, I'm going back to service" I told the team through radio. "Okay Y/N bring it home nice and easy." they told me. I made a turn and pass through the girls who were filming disturbing them for a moment as they cover their ears.