Blood Type

"Bella, are you alright?" Mr. Banner asked. His voice was close to my head, and it sounded alarmed.

"I already know my blood type," I mumbled, my head still on the table.

"Are you feeling faint?" I weakly agreed with his sentence. "Mike, take Bella to the nurse, please!"

Just let me get out of here, I'll crawl, I thought.

Mike towed me slowly across campus, holding me close to make sure I didn't topple over. I leaned against him heavily on the way out of the classroom. When we were around the edge of the cafeteria, out of sight of building four in case Mr. Banner was watching, I stopped.

"Just let me sit for a second, please?" I begged. "And please keep your hand in your pocket."

He helped me sit on the edge of the walk. I was still so dizzy. I slumped over, placing my head against my knees and closed my eyes. The fresh air, away from the other bleeding students, seemed to help a little.

"You're...really green, Bella," Mike said nervously.

"Bella?" a different voice called from the distance.

Oh no, I groaned quietly to myself. Please let me be imagining that horribly familiar voice.

"Did you do something to her— is she hurt?" Rosalie's voice was hard, almost to the point of growling. I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping to not embarrass myself any further.

Mike sounded scared as Rosalie stalked closer. "I-I...no! No, I think she just fainted. We were blood testing, but she never pricked her finger."

I felt a cold hand press against my hair, Rosalie's voice by my ear. "Bella, are you okay? Can you hear me?"

"I'm okay?" I groaned.

It sounded like she breathed a sigh of relief.

"I um...I was taking her to the nurse," Mike explained once Rosalie didn't seem as tense. "But, she wanted to sit for a second."

"You can go back to class, Mike," she said, sparing him only a short glance. "I can take her."

Before he could retaliate, the sidewalk disappeared from beneath me. My eyes flew open in shock. Rosalie had scooped me up in her arms, as easily as if I weighed twenty pounds instead of a hundred and twenty.

"Woah, please put me down!" Do not let me vomit on her, I wouldn't be able to show my face if that ever happened.

"Okay...I guess," Mike called, already ten paces behind us.

Rosalie ignored him. "I'm not going to drop you, Bella. You're really light."

I didn't respond. The rocking movement of her walk wasn't helping. Her arms held me tightly, so I had no choice but to breathe in her scent. I had no clue if it was her perfume or her natural scent but it was, surprisingly, calming me down.

"So, you faint at the sight of blood?" She asked, possibly trying to start a conversation. "And not even your own blood."

I don't know how she opened the door while carrying me, but it was suddenly warm so I j we qw whew inside.

"Oh my," I heard a female voice gasp.

"She fainted in Biology," Rosalie explained.

I opened my eyes. I was in the office, and Rosalie was striding past the front counter toward the nurse's door. Ms. Cope, the red headed front office receptionist, ran ahead of her to hold it open. The grandmotherly nurse looked up from her novel, astonished, as Rosalie swung me into the room and placed me gently on the crackly paper that covered the brown vinyl mattress on the one cot. Then she moved to one of the chairs sitting closest to the cot.

"She's just a little faint," she reassured the startled nurse. "They were blood typing in biology."

The nurse nodded sagely. "There's always one. Just lie down for a minute, honey, it'll pass."

"I know," I sighed. The nausea was already fading.

"Does this happen a lot?" She asked.

"Sometimes," I admitted. Rosalie's eyes stayed on me, watching my every move carefully.

"You can go back to class now," she told Rosalie.

"I'm supposed to stay with her." She said this with such assured authority that— even though she pursed her lips— the nurse didn't argue.

"I'll get you some ice for your forehead, honey," she said to me, and then bustled out of the room.

"You scared me for a minute," Rosalie admitted after a few minutes of silence. Her voice was unusually quiet. "I'm glad I found you when I did."

"You probably scared Mike when you yelled at him." I still had my eyes closed, but I was feeling more normal every minute.

"I didn't yell at him," she defended.

I finally opened my eyes to look at her. "You scared him shitless, Rosalie."

The blonde only shrugged her shoulders, leaning back in her chair.

The nurse finally came back with a cold compress in her hand.

"Here you go, dear." She laid it across my forehead. "You're looking better," she added.

"Yeah, I think I'm fine," I said, sitting up. Just a little ringing in my ears, no spinning. The mint green walls stayed where they should.

I could see she was about to make me lie back down, but the door opened just then, and Ms. Cope stuck her head in.

"We've got another one," she warned.

Rosalie stood from her seat to help me up from the cot. "Let's go wait outside," she whispered.

We passed by Mike, now supporting a sallow-looking Lee Stephens, another boy in our Biology class. Mike gave me a once over and a smile once he saw I was okay.

Once we were back out in the office, away from the nurses' office, Rosalie turned back to me. "You have gym in a few minutes right?"

I had almost forgotten. My shoulders slumped in disappointment. "Gym," I groaned.

"It might not be my place to say but, I think you should go home for the rest of the day," she said. "It's your choice altogether but, I don't think you should risk it."

"Yeah," I sighed. "That might be the best option."

Rosalie gave me a soft smile and my stomach fluttered, but not from sickness this time. "Go sit, I'll take care of that."

"Hey, Rosalie," I softly called before she could go far. "Thank you."

"Don't worry about it, Bella."

_______________________

The fact that y'all aren't following my new account is kind of anti-black idk (I'm joking)

So go ahead and follow MylesIsWriting

Bye!