Prologue - "The end of an Idyllic Dream"

...

...

Cold.. It's cold. That was the only thing I felt when I woke up. Is this how it is? I don't remember. Did I die, or is this just the start of my life? I don't remember what I am, or who was in my life. It.. I'm betting it's the latter. I don't know. I don't know how I got here, I don't know why I got here, I clearly don't know who I am, what I am, or.. was.. I don't know when I got here, and I don't know where I am.

It's dark, and I can't see anything. I tried to move, and yet I can't. I can see, but I can't feel anything. I'm pretty sure I don't even have limbs or a body. Is this.. purgatory? Huh.. It feels weird.

Am I cursed to float here forevermore, waiting for something to choose me so that I might live again? Is.. Is it really so dull? The afterli--

[Loading Complete. Hello, User. Welcome to the Gamer System.]

..A what now? I don't--

[Ah, right. We apologize. Allow me- the system you wished for yourself, to give you a part of your memories back.]
Huh? Wh--

PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN

Shit. SHIT. SHIT! What the hell?!

..It wasn't lying, but I at least know who I was, and what I wished for.

My name was.. Ichone. Ichone Kohaku. I died from a disease I contracted at 15, and I remember the doctor said I had around another year to live. Well, I died at 17, so that counts..?

That- I'm sure that warrants for something, right?

I do remember wanting-- no, wishing to live for a few more days because I needed to live more so that I could see one of the stories I've been reading through games come to an end. Honestly.. I guess I didn't, huh? That's a shame..

[The system would not be here had you not specifically wished for such. You have technically already accepted the system's terms and services by wishing for this, so we will move to creating your new body.]

..I feel as though you're rushing me.

[Have you any better to do?]

Okay then, you have a mouth. Fine then. Please go ahead and work your magic.

[We thank you for your patience.]

Added The Following Perks.

[Gamer's Mind] - Prevents (most) mental attacks, including mind reading, mind control, and lets the user to stay calm and collected during most situations.

The mental resistance doesn't always work if it's strong enough, and mental states from the user's own perks will still apply. You will still be insane if you have [Madness Enhancement].

[Gamer's Body] - The user's body can regenerate completely at an inhuman pace, and will stay pretty much at the state the user would like. Major wounds might not disappear from one's body completely unless treated properly.

You will still need basic human needs, such as sleep and hunger. Sleep will restore all stats, restore status effects, and will prepare you for the next day. However, sleeping improperly, passing out, and overall, "waking up on the wrong side of the bed" will only restore 80% of what it is intended to do.

Are these.. Gamer perks? That trope running around fanfiction sites? That's.. honestly..

How convenient. Aren't these the two most basic perks, though? I feel as if there's something missing here.