Chapter 9

Present
"Izzy get up you're going to be late for school" my mom yelled from outside my door.

"Can I just stay at home today?" I asked as my mom stuck her head in the door.

"Izzy you know you can't miss anymore days of school," she said coming to sit down next to me on my bed. "Are you not feeling good?"

"No mom I'm fine I just don't want to go to school today."

"Well that is no excuse to miss school now get up," she said giving me a worried look.

"Fine," I said getting out of bed and going over to my closet.

"Izzy, you would tell me if something was going on with you right?" she asked.

"Yeah, mom I will," I said picking out a pair of sweatpants and a long-sleeved shirt.

"So what's been going on? You have been acting different lately" She asked coming into my closet with me.

"Nothing" I mumbled trying to think of a cover-up because I know she's not going to drop this.

"Isabella."

"Yes mom," I said.

"I know you well enough to know when something is going on," she said crossing her arms over her chest giving me that 'you better tell me or I will force it out of you' look.

"Ok, the other day when Tony spent the night that morning he kissed me. I pulled away from him like he was some nasty virus. I am pretty sure that I embarrassed the living shit out of him when he told me he liked me and I told him that I didn't feel the same way " I said coming up with a semi-lie so I don't have to tell her what's going on as I walked to the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

"Izzy..." my mom started in a soft voice.

"Look mom I have to get ready for school before I'm late so can I get dressed without getting interrogated," I said with my back against the door.

"Ok, but we will talk more about this when you get home," she said. Once I heard my door close I continued to get dressed.

***

8:30 AM
Walking into school today seemed like I was walking into a trap even through the gun were gone when we checked yesterday i still feel like the person behind the phone call were ten steps ahead of us.

"Ok, you guys you know the drill talk in low voices and do something productive," My homeroom teacher said in her monotoned voice.

"Hey" I whispered to Olivia trying to get her attention.

"What" Olivia asked looking up from whatever book she was reading.

"Do you think that its... like over" I asked her.

"Well we couldn't find the bag so yeah" she said.

"But wouldn't you think they would have done something about it if they found the bag?" I asked looking around the room making sure no one was listening to our conversation.

"I don't know" she said as her eyebrows scrunched together.

"I just can't help but think something is still wrong and something really bad might happen" I said. Before she could say anything my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Unknown number:

9:30

ME:

What, who is this?

Unknown number:

9:30