"my"

A story about being naked. A story that feels like being stripped in front of an audience. My debut baby, "One" is a book about just that. A book about finding freedom from the obsession of fitting in the norm. A book about breaking beyond the boundaries. Setting the bullshit on fire. To my readers, I love you dearly, please vote on each chapter and don't hesitate to share your critiques. Exist freely always.

-NC

TW; drug use, suicide, self harm and fucking babes.

[Mom and dad, please don't read this]

**Playlist on Spotify**

I'm not suicidal, I've just come to terms with the fact that I just might die

Bluebird - Beach House

Landry
He had no backstory, all he had where paintings of landscapes and gardens that he never even put together. Hectares of golden shower tree's, paths of cobblestone that appeared to be fuscia whenever the sun set. Warm rains that smelt of the sugar and sap he never really got to indulge in. Lilies that skidded over the murky waters of the gulfs, sparse but synchronized. The water, which was like a mirror looked like a gradient that faded from blue to yellow then to green.

The pin tailed green pigeons flew in flocks. They reminded him of what he truly was and he was grateful for that. So he was constantly looking up at the sky, imagining that one day he would make it up the tallest mongroves and somehow kiss heaven. The Siamese firebacks flew in a v-motion signalling that even though everything was derelict there was still life. And joy, even though it was sparse.

Why he got attached to the ocean and the sky he never really knew. He assumed that it was because the vines weren't strong enough for him to cling onto. Plus they looked like pythons whenever the monsoon rains started and the sky went back to being a concave disk of navy. A disk of navy spotted with blots of white, translucent clouds that remained visible all throughout the storm.