Truth behind Animus Magic

Animus magic doesn't corrupt dragons, there choices corrupt them. Theoretically, each minor spell takes 2% of the soul, directly enchanting another dragon takes 30% of the soul, enchanting an object to change another dragon takes 5% of the soul, and growing an entire palace would take 50% of the soul. 

Albatross lost about 65% of his soul then he massacred his entire family aside from Pearl and Fathom. Queen Lagoon and Sapphire bullied Albatross for his weakness growing up and when Albatross de-clawed Sapphire and Lagoon held the incident over his head until he snapped.

Arctic only made 5 enchantments {Earring to protect Foeslayer, necklace to make Whiteout more agreeable, a bracelet to help Arctic escape, spears to stop the guards and a fireball to attack snowflake} and lost 25% of his soul and became supposedly became abusive. Losing only 25% of his soul isn't a lot compared to Turtle.

Turtle enchanted Anemone to be an animus, a bowl to duplicate whatever is inside it, a rock to heal surface wounds, a piece of coral to help him find things, Qibli's earring to be immune to Darkstalker, a shell to make his scales hard as diamonds, and about 16 more enchantments. Turtle would have lost 67% of his soul and be on the brink of insanity.

{Excluding Darkstalker} Turtle made the most enchantments but he didn't lose his soul. No other insane animus made as many enchantments as him. Animus magic doesn't take your soul.