(#06) Vague Visions

→ Vague Visions

→ (#08)

→ (#09)

→ (#12)

It was 4 am.

4 am in the fucking morning and you were taking a stroll around the market in order to buy some groceries and the ingredients needed to make pastries to serve later.

Much to your idiocy, you forgot to stop by the market yesterday after checking the supplies, so you opted to do it today instead. Thus, the absurd time.

Barely suppressing in a yawn, you placed two dozen eggs and some powdered sugar to the basket. You took a glance at the small list on your phone.

Almost done, at least.

- - -

Minus the sleep you had to rub out of your eyes a couple of times, shopping for groceries went by with ease.

Carrying the moderately large-sized bag on one arm, you continued to saunter through the barely lit sidewalk. The shop wasn't too far from here, anyway.

Feeling your phone vibrate through your pocket, you swiftly fetched the device and squinted as you were temporarily blinded by the bright light. It was...

A text from your idiot friend?

Unlocking the device, you squinted at the drastic change of lighting from the nightly surroundings. You unintentionally shifted your attention more onto your phone.

Which you found out was clearly a mistake after a minute or two into reading. Hearing a small rip from the side of your bag, you froze in place. You looked down, seeing the packaged flour slip through before your vision was obstructed by something.

You didn't move.

Faint whispers of...something was heard. Something that sounded like gibberish.

Regaining your senses, you noticed the thing obstructing your vision was cold. You cautiously reached a hand up to touch it, phone sliding slightly to the side.

It then trembled, accompanied by a familiar chuckle from directly behind you.

You grasped the hand before lowering it, the hand showing no resistance to your action. The other hand covering your left eye fell on its own.