Chapter 13: Deja Vu

ASHTON'S POV

I look around and see her walking out. Shit. This is not what I wanted to happen. My face is covered in blood, my balls are fucking killing but all I'm worried about is her and what she's going to think of me. For fuck sake, why should I care?

Then I look down at Ron, who's sitting mumbling to himself.

"There's no point. You don't understand me" He mumbles

"That's probably cos I don't want to understand you Ron, I just wanted to , you know." I moan. "Your fucking mental when your not taking your pills man." I say to him. His face is bloodier than mine, which should count as a victory, but it doesn't. He's my brother, my closest friend, my ally.

"Come on, help me up, come on" Ron tells me, lifting his arm up.

I sigh and grab his hand. Instead of pulling him up, he pulls me down and grabs me, sort of hugging me.

"For fuck sake Ron what are you doing?" I say, embarrassed, fully aware that everyone is watching.

"What I'm trying to say right now is very simple. I am very fragile myself at the moment. No one gets it, no one understands me." He mumbles

"Right, I get it, your fragile." I say. I give him a quick hug back. I love my brother and I know his mental illness gets bad when he doesn't take his pills. I know I should have been keeping a closer eye on him, I suppose I've just been distracted lately.

Then he looks around. "Where is she. where she gone?" He asks

"I don't know" I reply, sadly

"I'm sorry" He says, "She seems alright really, I shouldn't have said those things to her, and she seems to be changing you. She's a keeper"

I roll my eyes. "Well say sorry to her not me" I reply. However, I'm happy. Perhaps this was his way of finally getting over his suspicions of her. He knows how serious I am about trusting her. We both get up and release each other. Everyone's still staring. I take a deep breath and  leave the room to go and find her.

RAE'S POV

I sit on my bed. I don't bother thinking, I just stare. Stare at the wall. That's when I hear a faint knock at the door. I get up quickly and answer it. Standing before me is Ashton. He's covered in blood, his shirt is covered in blood. His fringe is hanging over his eyes. Without thinking, without processing any type of thought, I walk over to him and hug him.

It was the best hug I've ever had.

His arms snaked around my waist and his head rested on my head. My arms are around his waist too. We stand there for a while in silence. It feels so right that I don't ever want to let go. I can smell his cologne faintly and I've never felt so protected and safe in my life. Reluctantly, I take myself away and look up at him. I take his hand and I walk him into the bathroom. He sits on the edge of the bathtub and I get a flannel and start to wipe the blood from his face. Neither of us speak. He stares at me while I help him.

I get a sense of deja vu.

Once I am done. He stands up. He looks at me, deep in the eye, staring into my soul. He takes his hand and cups it to my face. For a moment, I think he's going to kiss me. He doesn't, he just stares deep into my eyes. It feels more like he's staring deep into my soul.

"Thank you" he whispers. And he walks out.

I stand there, taking in the moment. I stay standing there for about five minutes. I don't think, I just feel. The perfect blue of his eyes stay in my mind, and I know that nothing will ever make me forget them, it's like they are scarred into my memory.

Even though I hated them fighting. The fact remained clear.

Ashton Massimo just fought for me.